Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MySQL crashed @ HostRocket.com! What should I do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally have used HostRocket for awhile, and the only problem I had was when the server I was on crashed, but they restored all files and data, and upgraded my account for no extra charge

Comment

Originally posted by HRSurvivor
      Wow,

Thanks for all the good hosting suggestions guys. Unfortunately for me I bought six months with HR. I intend to move my site. But so the six months I've paid for doesn't go completely to waste I've used it for a Hostracket Survivor support group.

at: HostRocket Hell

I'm collecting survivor stories to fill it with for the next six months.

-John
      Smellin' the not so sweet scent of excessive Melodrama

Comment

Originally posted by auto
        oh btw,
        couple of days ago HM contacted me by ICQ :

They're going to move my account to a brand new server they just got which is even better than the one they have me on right now at no charge to "maintain a safe level to ensure a positive hosting environement for all of our customers" as Hostrocket puts it.

See, here's an honest host, HM doesnt kick people out, they are supposed to host you, and that is what they do.
        I know Anna and Steph have just got that server at the NAC Datacenter through Site5.
        <rant>
        They may honor to this, I dont know - but remember that its a brand new box with our many people on it - it may change once it starts to fill up.

What you have to remember is that there may be other high SQL users on a box - and 1 or more user(s) cant be allowed to slow things down for everyone else.
        </rant>

Annette, Stephanie, I am not doing an attack against you or your company which I have had very good things about (keep up the good work, our industry needs more people like yourselves) - I was just uisng it as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by wert
          Smellin' the not so sweet scent of excessive Melodrama
          Sniff. Sniff. Nope, just way too much team spirit. It was a much simpler world when little ones like you just hung out on gaming forums trolling the adults once in a while and didn't think cheerleading for their bogus hosting services was a past time.

Comment

HRSurvivor,

Hmmm...I've certainly had some problems with Hostrocket, but don't even think of adding me to your list of horror stories.

All in all Hostrocket is an excellent web hosting company. Perfect? No, of course not! But they are usually very responsive and most of the problems I've seen have been direcly related to problems at VDI.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sniff. Sniff. Nope, just way too much team spirit. It was a much simpler world when little ones like you just hung out on gaming forums trolling the adults once in a while and didn't think cheerleading for their bogus hosting services was a past time.
              Gaming forums? Um... No. Not cheerleading at all actually. Have had my share of trouble with them, which they resolved. Are they perfect? Near perfect? No! They're ok though.

I'm comfortable with the fact that I don't have to stoop to the infantile name calling that you seem to hold so dear.

At age 35, I do know the smell of incessant whining when I hear it...
              Last edited by wert; Wed 16 May '01, 1:23pm.

Comment

Originally posted by wert
                Gaming forums? Um... No. Not cheerleading at all actually. Have had my share of trouble with them, which they resolved. Are they perfect? Near perfect? No! They're ok though.

At least I'm comfortable with the fact that I don't have to stoop to the infantile name calling that you seem to hold so dear.

At age 35, I do know the smell of incessant whining when I hear it...

Well, I haven't actually called anybody names... yet. And the only whining I've seen in our conversation is the above and this:

"Smellin' the not so sweet scent of excessive Melodrama"

(It’s not hard to recognize).

I personally don't like whining of this sort or any sort. I don't like being called a "whiner" (or "melodramatic" or "infantile") by people such as yourself either (you don’t seem to be able to STOP yourself from “stooping to the level” of name-calling).

But when I look at that crappy, mediocre drivel you refer to as "art" it does make me want to cry.

-John

P.S. I'll try and remember to put smiley faces next to all the jokes from now on so you don't get your panties in a knot.

Comment

Well, I haven't actually called anybody names... yet.
                  Er. Do you read your own posts? Calling me a "little one" "troll" and "cheerleader" isn't name calling?

I personally don't like whining of this sort or any sort. I don't like being called a "whiner" (or "melodramatic" or "infantile") by people such as yourself either (you don’t seem to be able to STOP yourself from “stooping to the level” of name-calling).
                  Actually, it has more to do with your actions than anything else. You posted some *very* dramatic, borderline ridiculous attack on a company without backing it up with facts and you get upset when someone calls you on it? I in no way apology for poking a little fun at your post.

But when I look at that crappy, mediocre drivel you refer to as "art" it does make me want to cry.

-John

P.S. I'll try and remember to put smiley faces next to all the jokes from now on so you don't get your panties in a knot.
                  I guess nothing can ever rise to the artistic level of your inane attempts at sarcasm.

*thinking that my "ignore user list" is about to grow by one "adult"*
                  Last edited by wert; Wed 16 May '01, 2:28pm.

Comment

"Smellin' the not so sweet scent of excessive Melodrama"

Again, here's where it all began for you and me "wert". I said nothing disrespectful to you, never had any beef with you, never said anything bad about your mother. Heck, I never even knew you existed until you decided it would be fun to take a shot at me.

It's ok if going around looking for opportunities to insult people gives you pleasure. If that's what floats your boat, hey! go for it.

Your game, your rules. NOT MINE. I don't really like doing the "anything goes" dance with people like you. Don’t you guys ever get bored with this crap?

p.s. I know! You can insult people and then squelch them, yeah that'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by HRSurvivor .

It's ok if going around looking for opportunities to insult people gives you pleasure. If that's what floats your boat, hey! go for it.
                      So, I guess you're trying to turn it around now. I get called "troll" "cheerleader" and "little one" This came after I *justifiably* poked some fun at your oh-so-dramic "survivors" post. Why would you post such unmitigated nonsense if you didn't expect people to react to it. And you call 'me' a troll?

Your game, your rules. NOT MINE. I don't really like doing the "anything goes" dance with people like you. Don’t you guys ever get bored with this crap?
                      Hm. I never get bored when I see folks acting badly online. Obvously, you have some unresolved anger issues here. Why else would you try to start a site called "HostRocket Hell" and look for "Survivor Stories" unless you have some unresolved desire to strike back at your former host. I called you on it because it was a ridiculous and not very fair post. If you can't deal with that, then I guess it's your future phychiatric bills.

p.s. I know! You can insult people and then squelch them, yeah that'll help.
                      I don't need to insult you. I would rather have folks read your your somewhat incoherent wisdom and let it speak for itself...
                      Last edited by wert; Wed 16 May '01, 3:13pm.

Comment

ok - kill this now -

Comment

Yes, we don't really need this here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X