Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• babolo
    replied
    There is no such thing as unlimited when it comes to hosting.

Leave a comment:

• TalkvB
    replied
    Both websites look shady. The first is using a TM template and a wierd name and strange plans. I wouldn't go for them nor the 2nd link because the 2nd isn't professional. Pay the extra bucks tog et a reliable GOOD host.

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    I did a track also. I had my results somewhere. I will get it.

Leave a comment:

• lisagriff
    replied
    From the breadcrumbs I followed, it looks like they either may be resellers of Go Daddy, or may be resellers of Kwikhost - which looks like a possible reseller of Go Daddy

Leave a comment:

• loftyasianz
    replied
    concerning Shane's comment of the statement in the TOS...

we were on their forum and asked the question. here is the thread.

http://highwirepcs.com/forum/viewtop...=asc&highlight=

my partner and i have decide to go through with this host. their technical support also seems really good. last night after we setup our account we called the techinical support line and left a message. within 15 minutes we got a phone call back from one of techies with. so far we are really impressed with the host.

Leave a comment:

• Kerean
    replied
    Does this host even allow VBUlletin forums on their site? The amounts they are giving seems a lot...but could they be another lunarpages.

Originally posted by loftyasianz
    i did some more searching and i found some reviews for the site.

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/HighWirePCs.html

sorry i am not sure if this is a reliable source i am a internet noob >_< but it got 4.5/5 (8 votes) 17 reviews mostly excellent lowest rate was a good.

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    One of my sites mostly running off the vB database, used 80gb a month. And we are talking really active.

what I ment was...

If the entire 15gb of space (lets for say a 14gb file) was placed and downloaded on the server 10 times... you would be at close to 90% download.

Now my forums were around 600mb in all thanks to vB's DB system. But still, the forums still used 80gb of transfer just from it alone.

And not to be the cridic.. how can someone amke 9.95 a month with unlimited space and transfer Just thinking on how it would be done is like wowers.

Found this in the TOS:

Downloads: In order to maximize uptime on our servers, downloads of any kind (media, backups, warez, etc.) that utilize more than 10% CPU resources are forbidden.
    Last edited by Shane; Tue 19 Jul '05, 9:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• loftyasianz
    replied
    Originally posted by Shane
    I read that also. Everything about the site seems really werid. I just don't know. What makes you wonder is can 15gb with 150gb transfer last that long if you have all 15gb at opnce transfering. That's 150gb/15gb = 10 times.
    i'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from but 15gb transfer at one moment is alot. there arent many forums (or any sites) that can do that much under normal conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    I read that also. Everything about the site seems really werid. I just don't know. What makes you wonder is can 15gb with 150gb transfer last that long if you have all 15gb at opnce transfering. That's 150gb/15gb = 10 times.

Leave a comment:

• loftyasianz
    replied
    i did some more searching and i found some reviews for the site.

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/HighWirePCs.html

sorry i am not sure if this is a reliable source i am a internet noob >_< but it got 4.5/5 (8 votes) 17 reviews mostly excellent lowest rate was a good.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Shane
    I question it.... just seems to good.
    I second that...

Even I couldn't get that sort of deal with Ev1

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    I question it.... just seems to good.

Leave a comment:

• ケネース
    replied
    The first one doesn't seem reliable. And the support looks horrible. The second one however, looks unbelievable o_O.
    Last edited by ケネース; Tue 19 Jul '05, 6:43pm.

Leave a comment:

• loftyasianz
    started a topic Host Sounds to Good!

Host Sounds to Good!

i've been researching these two hosting companies and their plans seem too good to be true.

http://hosting.vn-sg.com/plans.html
    can these plans get any cheaper?

http://www.highwirepcs.com/webhosting.htm
    their unlimited plan is just that. everything is unlimited for a unbelievable price.

my friend and i are going to be starting a forum where we anticipate high volume. do these two companies sound promising or has anyone had any experience with these companies before?

sorry if this is advertising, i am in no way affiliated with these two companies and my intension was not to advertise them. my intensions were to get a second opinion on whether or not these would be reliable host for a large forum.
    Last edited by loftyasianz; Tue 19 Jul '05, 4:23pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X