Time to buy a server (or two) and go colo? Need advice/assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacefreak2
    EDIT: Basically, I'd like a kick-butt, turnkey vB hosting solution. If it could be scalable, that's great. But I don't want to have to design the hosting solution, configure the servers, or make all those server adjustments that I see in countless support threads, etc. (because I'm not qualified or interested in all the ins-and-outs of hosting).

Similar to my shared hosting plans, I'd like to be able to just upload the files and work the forums.
    Sounds like you will want to spend a few bucks an hour and hire a sysadmin to do your initial setup for you. Hosting companies aren't necessarily experts in the software their customers use on their sites, chances are you will find very little support from any hosting company doing something such as load balancing your forums across 3 web servers and 2 db servers. They can certainly setup the hardware behind their load balancers, etc., but when it comes to finally making it all work, you're probably pretty much on your own. That's a pretty advanced seutp.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X