This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godaddy SUCKS

Godaddy.com SUCKS. I've been using them for a few years without incident. Then earlier this week they shut off my main site's domain just like that, without ANY notice. When I inquired about it I was told the whois info was invalid because in the registrant name field I had used an initial in my last name.

So, I updated the info and waited. Nothing. I was out of town and so the next day when it still wasn't fixed I called again. I was told that they tried to "verify" my phone number but couldn't because they got a voice mail message. Well HELLO? They never told me about wanting to verify my phone number too. No email was sent to me either, just a voice mail. What's next? They gonna send me a letter and make me return it to verify my postal address too?

So... after all is said and done, 3 days had passed by. Those godaddy CLOWNS basically put me out of business for 3 whole days, all WITHOUT notice.

I'm done with these idiots.

What other domain name registrars have you all had good experiences with?
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Directi.com and telivo.com are good!

Comment

Since when does one incident invalidate years of solid service?

This is the first time I've heard anyone complain their domain service. And that's why I always put in the real and correct information for all domain fields, not fake.
      Last edited by Andrew111888; Thu 23 Jun '05, 2:21pm.

Comment

Not exactly their fault. It's a new rule that domain registrar info must be verified and real info. Could happen with any registrar.

Comment

Yeah it's not exactly their fault. But they probably could have done it a bit better, like e-mailing you or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
            Since when does one incident invalidate years of solid service?

This is the first time I've heard anyone complain them. And that's why I always put in the real and correct information for all domain fields, not fake.
            I'm going to agree here. I have 14 or so domains with them, no problems at all. Should something mess up, I take it in stride.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

I have 40+ domains & never a single incident.

As I recall, recently Godaddy did express that ALL customers were to comply with ICAANS regulations.

Comment

I have 4 domains when them, never had a problem. Bad_i_BILL is right, you should have gotten an email like a month ago about complying with ICAANS regulations. I really have to agree with you that they should have given you notice before shutting off your domain like that.
                Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

Same as others no problem with them, I have 5 domains with them and 4 I manage for my clients.

I agree they should have sent a notice before shutting it off, but they did let us know this was coming awhile back.

Comment

If they shut you off without any notice, that's a violation of ICANN rules. They are suppose to contact you and give you several business days to update it.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Technically if they tried to call him that's a notice -- it's not their fault he put in fake information.

Comment

This is the first time I've heard anyone complain them.
                        I've heard lots.
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

First I've heard bad things about their domains, their hosting on the other hand

Comment

I have to many domains with GoDaddy and had only one problem with a domain transfer which was quickly resolved.
                            Shane
                            CIO, FrakMedia.net
                            Director of Information, BattlestarForum.com

Comment

i've never had any problems with them either

Technically if they tried to call him that's a notice -- it's not their fault he put in fake information.
                              agreed. this could have been avoided had he provided them with the correct information
                              http://www.virtualinfusion.net
                              An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X