No announcement yet.

F5 hosting - generally good, but .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F5 hosting - generally good, but .....

I've been running a VB forum on an F5 site for a year - based on a hosting recommendation on this very board.

I generally like F5, but their email handling is too restrictive - due to security (virus) concerns, rich media emails are basically stripped down to plain text. I get lots of email formatted like a web page - from Dell, Motley Fool and many other legitimate sources.

If I can't resolve this issue with F5 - does anybody have a recommendation for a service like them, but with email that works?

Alternatively, has anybody had better success with F5 email than I have?

Thanks
    Askold Wawryszyn

Been with F5 for years. Never depended on email so I can't vouch for them regarding rich media emails. Michael's a pretty good guy and I am sure he will work with you if possible though I don't expect F5 to put servers at risk.
    :cool:

Comment

I know Joey over at vBWebmaster is trying to compile a vB Host rating system. You miught like to comment on F5 in there too... very useful resource.

I have used ASO for well over a year now after migrating from oneandone (who were not very good) and am very happy with them.
      John

Comment

i have used totalchoicehosting.com with nike vb and about everything else and never had any problems (that i didnt cause anyway) and email is all user settable.
        Last edited by greywolff; Sun 5 Jun '05, 3:21pm.

Comment

Working...
        X