Poll of top choices for hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Kemble
    Thats great of your in the same region, but as I am a UK resident with an American Host, phone calls are very definitely out of the question!!
    Time to get unlimited long distance!

Comment

I've been with ASmallOrange.com for about 9 months now and have been very pleased. The tech support from the guys at ASO has been fast and thorough. Great guys to work with. And the site has not been down at all to my knowledge. I upgraded to a VPS package and they helped me make the transition very smooth. So far I'm a happy ASO customer.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
        Does that even exist? I've certainly never heard of it, unless your talking about VoIP type solutions?

Comment

NONE of the above...

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
            Joey at realwebhost is usually on the other end of msn and helps me out brilliantly. I usually call him at the "wrong" time so I suppose we are ok without phone connections too. I am useless at programming so need help even with a vBulletin upgrade. He had been magnificent.
            Information not shared, is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_i_BILL
              NONE of the above...
              heh, I don't think hosts apply , seeing as how you offer hosting services.

Although I don't use any of them myself, I will say that even as a host myself, I'd give praise to ASO as I've spoken to the owner and a few staff members and they've all been great to even just throw up general chat with.

Comment

Joey at realwebhost is usually on the other end of msn and helps me out brilliantly. I usually call him at the "wrong" time so I suppose we are ok without phone connections too. I am useless at programming so need help even with a vBulletin upgrade. He had been magnificent.
                I moved a few months ago to Real Web Host. I've been very happy with the speed of my site and the response times on initial inquiries. Usually, I'll get a reply within a few minutes! And my users have commented how fast my site is. I've found what I was looking for.
                Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

i've switched yesterday manually old host to -> ASO , they are have very stable, fast servers and softwares.

i highly recommend them.

Comment

I'm still trying to decide on a host for a website I will be opening in May / June next year. If things continue to go as they are then I think I'm going to have to go with ASO, as they seem to offer good support and servers. I also like the fact that they keep their PHP version up-to-date, something that my current host does not.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye on comments made here to see if anything changes in the meantime.

Comment

when you say keep their php version up to date, what do you mean ? Are you referring to keeping a php version up to date that runs the software you choose to run on your account or the php version that the webhost thinks is secure to run and bug free
                      www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                      www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

PHP updates recently have been for security, and not much else.

Theres no reason for any server to be on any version of php lower than php 4.4.1 and lower than 5.1.0

Comment

Yes I meant them keeping PHP up at the latest version, i.e 4.4.1 at the moment (or 5.1.1).

Comment

Originally posted by Samir
                            I moved a few months ago to Real Web Host. I've been very happy with the speed of my site and the response times on initial inquiries. Usually, I'll get a reply within a few minutes! And my users have commented how fast my site is. I've found what I was looking for.
                            I've had a great experience with realwebhost as well. They have been quick to respond to any issues I've had. I've also noticed they are looking long term at ways to avoid them in the future. Sorry that I'm pulling up an older thread but I felt it was still valid.
                            Last edited by Brad Pierce; Tue 28 Mar '06, 9:08am.

Comment

Since I posted last I have opened another site with realwebhost, now have 4 !!!
                              Information not shared, is lost

Comment

Out of those options, I'd go with ASO. I personally use Site5, but it's not on the poll.
                                Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X