No announcement yet.

Poll of top choices for hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use site5.com and asmallorange.com ... both of which i have found to be excellent. both of the support times are near immediate whenever i have a problem. since site5 isnt on the poll though, i voted for aso
    Brandon
    http://www.movierealm.net

Comment

I too use Realwebhost and highly recommend them to anyone because they are the best, "Bar None"! I also have a friend who was having problems with his host, and I recommended him to Realwebhost, and his site has been problem free as well since he switched over. I guarantee if you call them up on the phone, and talk to them, they will help you with any problems you might be currently having with your host. Check em out! realwebhost.net

Comment

I am self hosted

Comment

I'm in a similar situation where I need to move hosts. I have 2 sites so far and will be adding a third. The thing I'm concerned about more than just how good the host is, is how long they've been good. How many years have you had consistant good service? There are always good companies that pop up and then dissappear making you have to move again. I want to stay somewhere for a long time. Any feedback appreciated.
          Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Comment

Originally posted by ncangler
            Okay, I can't screw this up...got to get a top notch hosting company cause I don't want to move again.
            I was in the same boat a few years ago and have had a dedicated server with realwebhost and have never been more pleased with hosting. my site-> http://www.apug.org

I highly recommend them, stellar service

Comment

i have used ALOT of hosting companies over the years right now im useing

www.totalchoicehosting.com

and they have been one of the best and at prices that are hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by greywolff
                i have used ALOT of hosting companies over the years right now im useing

www.totalchoicehosting.com

and they have been one of the best and at prices that are hard to beat
                EWW, is their forum? <PUKE> IPB?

Comment

So? what does it matter what forum software one person prefers over another?

IT doesn't make them a bad host, ASO uses IPB as well.

Comment

No contest. Realwebhost.net. I have three sites and two forums with them and Joey Moses is the epitome of the perfect host, what he has done for me is totally above and beyond the call of "support" - amazing, cannot speak too highly of a fantastic service. Congretional Medal of Honor for him.
                    Information not shared, is lost

Comment

Offer to buy them a vB license if you sign up! Some other hosts use phpBB as well.

Anyway you can also check webhostingtalk.com for some hosts and read the various reviews on them.

Originally posted by Bad_i_BILL
                      EWW, is their forum? <PUKE> IPB?
                      Kim

Comment

I have two forums, one uses this excellent software and the other, a small shop site, uses phpbb. I know which I prefer. Plus, the main reason I initially "came over" from the other to vBulletin was the attitude of the support to what I thought was a serious question. So, I binned them. The support here is helpful at least

In reply to Zachary's query, what does it matter?

Backup and support mate, without that I am screwed!! I do not understand things that my host can fix for me in no time. Total support is everything and I get it from realwebhost.net. And usually bloody quickly too.

Comment

As long as they are active on the forums, or help desk, what does it matter which script they use.

Comment

I've been at many hosts, and perhaps I am speaking a little early, as I just switched this morning to "Cartika Hosting"...but these guys are the most professional I have met yet out there.

They appear to be a small operation, but they took the time to chat with me online for 40 minutes answering my questions and 60 minutes on the phone. You can't beat service like that. They also offer plans where they give you free application-side support.

I was impressed enough to try them...

Comment

I am coming up on 2 years at:

www.hostforweb.com

I am happy using them.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
                                I've been at many hosts, and perhaps I am speaking a little early, as I just switched this morning to "Cartika Hosting"...but these guys are the most professional I have met yet out there.

They appear to be a small operation, but they took the time to chat with me online for 40 minutes answering my questions and 60 minutes on the phone. You can't beat service like that. They also offer plans where they give you free application-side support.

I was impressed enough to try them...
                                Thats great of your in the same region, but as I am a UK resident with an American Host, phone calls are very definitely out of the question!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X