FastHosts.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FastHosts.co.uk

I am going to move to this webhost soon - I THINK. Does anyone have any experience with it, is it true that their bandwidth is unlimited? I consumer almost about 10 GB montly and I need something good.

Originally posted by XBLUEX
    is it true that their bandwidth is unlimited?
    There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. I'd suggest you read their TOS agreement.
    :cool:

Comment

If they have unlimited anything, don't believe it, there is a limit on everything.

You should look around more at other hosts.

Comment

Unlimited use policy
        High bandwidth usage: Fasthosts offers an unlimited use policy by maintaining very large ratios of bandwidth per customer. In rare cases, Fasthosts may find a customer to be using server resources to such an extent that he or she may jeopardize server performance and resources for other customers. In such instances, Fasthosts reserves the right to impose the High Resource User Policy for the consideration of all customers.

That's what it says, so there is a limit, but it is not been stated. Anyway, I read good reviews about this host from Computer Arts Projects, and that's why I am thinking of taking it. I do not think that I am going to consumer a crazy amount of Bandwidth and this seems to be a very successful webhost with great features.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          If they have unlimited anything, don't believe it, there is a limit on everything.
          To a point this is true. When it comes to unlimited bandwidth, I'd suggest looking in another direction.. since both of the above posters said, unlimited bandwidth and storage is never true and there is more than likely a catch in the Terms of Service. In the case of fasthosts (according to what you posted), yes, there is a limit, there always is. If you do decide to go with them, I would suggest contacting them to finding out the amount of bandwidth they consider to be 'too much'. I've known of a few hosts that considered 5G to be too much usage (needless-to-say, they are no longer around.)

As for other things (email, mysql, etc) being unlimited, it'd probably be better to call it "unmetered". Hosting services that have unlimited email and the like, do not charge you for each extra account created for those options. Mainly, the only catch is that all of those "unlimited" features still go towards your overall bandwidth and storage space.

Comment

Try totolchoicehosting.com they have brilliant so far and there prices are great aswell

Comment

Fasthosts do not support vb on their shared servers. Been there, tried that

Comment

They are horrible. Going with anyone other than FastHosts will be doing yourself a big favor. It is not JUST their bandwidth policy. Their "abuse" policy is beyond rediculous!

Comment

I have been using FH for 3 years now and have had no trouble with VB. I do think their prices for MySQL storage space is a little steep, but as far as having a board up and running I was noob and able to get mine going.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X