Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Hosting

Hey guys
    just finishing off our VB community setup at the moment and we have decided that we need to upgrade our current hosting, as we are on Ezboard ( ) and so bandwidth will soon go up!

We want a good UK company.
    price is a factor, but we are after quality of service and uptime mainly.

Need about 50gig a month bandwidh

was looking at 1and1, but after reading some comment, i think we will be staying clear

Is a UK host really that nessary? (Just wondering?)

I personally don't know too many UK hosts, most hosts I find now adays are based out of the US.

Comment

i just thought it would be easier, due to time-zones, if we have to call with problems?

Comment

It can be, I notice that the greater majority of hosts do not have phone support, unless your looking for a dedicated server. In which case many do..

Comment

ok, fair play then, thanks for your advice!
          can you maybe recommend the top place that you advise? regardless of its global situation

Comment

There are quite a few good hosts out there.

Alot of our customers seem to like
            asmallorange
            sb-host
            and others as detailed by this thread

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
              i just thought it would be easier, due to time-zones, if we have to call with problems?
              Hello,
              If you are looking at the convinience of calling withing the UK should the need arise, you might want to look at:
              http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk/

They have a phone number listed. Check out their offerings, forums, etc... and see if they suit your needs. I used to chat with Matt (the owner), and they are good people.

Their servers are US Based.

Hope this helps,
              Glenn

Comment

Here is a UK host - UK servers

http://www.nethosted.co.uk

Comment

I have just moved to a VPS package with ServInt, excellent packages, and even better technical support. Although they are US based, they do have a telephone number, but there email support is excellent. For example, during set up I sent numerouse emails, almost all amswered within 15 mins, no more than 30 mins.

And due to a major mess up of my site, which was my fault, they did a full restore from a back up they had, and I was up and running again within 1 hour, this was from my initial email, to being back online.

See www.servint.com for info.

Stuart

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X