Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lindorff
    • Feb 2005

Hosting

I run a small hobby board (1000 registered users), and get 10000 unique visitors/20 GB of transfer each month. This has now proven to be too much for my webhost, and I'm looking at dedicated servers. The big problem here is the expence. I can't afford going switching from my hosting package $25/month to dedicated server at maybe $100-$150/month since this is my hobby and I don't want to charge the users...

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I don't need much storage space, 1 GB will do the trick, but the bandwidth usage is increasing so it should be above 50 GB/month or unlimited.

There might even be some tweaks that could be done to reduce the serverload on my current location?
  • Joshs
    • Jan 2001

If shared hosting is not cutting it for you, take a look at a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or semi-dedicated solution.

Comment

• Samael
      • Nov 2004

Or you may want to look out for hosting companies that are not so large. I can reccomend the host in my sig because I am hosted by them and know they are a very small company with a big server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎