No announcement yet.

Anybody ever use Godaddy.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can personally recommend Macoman.co.uk , i've never had such good service, and the prices are great 2.

Comment

My friend purchased some web hosting through GoDaddy last year, and the site didn't get off the ground. GoDaddy is horrible. Stay far, far away from them.

My advice...
      Web Hosting @ Site5
      Domain Name @ NameCheap
      Forums

Comment

Don't go with GoDaddy... they have a 100 MB size limit for any MySQL database... with growth and a busy site this certainly doesn't work.

GoDaddy is a bunch of bums!!

I would recomend Steadfast Networks. I moved to them after I found out that GoDaddy had that restriction since my DB was larger than 100 MB and I couldn't move it in.

http://www.steadfastnetworks.com

I use a VPS with them.

Support is great... nothing has been left unanswered and they have answered all my questions in under 12 hours...

I highly recomend them

Comment

I have not
          Last edited by Davos; Sun 1 Jan '06, 4:21pm.

Comment

Thanks for all the advise as I was real close to going with GoDaddy but I think I will give hostgator a try... I have been using DWHS.net and they have been very good but I need to find a backup for those instances when a server goes down and I need to redirect while I am waiting for the host to get fixed. At DWHS.net I have had about five or six times when my forums were down for more then a few hours this past year and for the price I can live with that...
            Last edited by Quarterbore; Fri 30 Dec '05, 9:37am.
            vBClassified.com
            TimeshareForums.com

Comment

I use godaddy for web page I would not recomend them for vb boards
              "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Comment

Registrars for domains. Hosting providers for hosting solutions. Good rule to live by IMO.
                :cool:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X