• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisibleloop
    • Jul 2004

Any one used this web hosting company?

Hi
    I found this web host company acenet inc www.ace-host.net
    Their special package seems to cheap for so much, I only really need it for the MySQL database to host my forum. Has any one used these or know if they are ok?

I am just stuck at the moment on where to move my forum because 1 & 1 web host only allows 100mb of database. I will outgrow this soon so will have to move my forum. Any other companies that you can recommend for MySQL...cheap!

Thanks
  • Semere Liif
    • Apr 2003

I reccomend these guys http://www.westhost.com/ I have had their service for about a year now and they do everything they can to help me at any time I need them. Their support team is always around and can be reached online via java applet or via phone/email.

Comment

• webaholic
      • Jan 2005

I recommend http://www.abcEasyDomains.com I used them for everything.. good... quality.. cheap domain names .. hosting... etc... Never used ace or westhost though...

Comment

• PuntoPower
        • Apr 2004

dont go for ace-host, they dont like heavy php or mysgl usage

Comment

• mck9235
          • Jan 2005

Well when they give you so much so cheap, you know your sacarficing something, that probaly is uptime. Many hosts don't like to havce you use mySQL heavily. :P

I know some hosts that only offer mySQL i'll try to find a list.

Comment

• Vtec44
            • Jan 2005
            • 3.7.x

I'm currenty using http://www.pair.com and very satisfied with them, after 3 years with another host. They have my mySQL on a seperate database server, which is pretty cool considering I'm using their shared hosting plan. My site was down for a few minutes, I sent an urgent support ticket and they answered me back in less than 5 minutes, with a real specific reason why it was down and what they did to fix it. Their pricing may seem a little expensive, and not much bandwidth compare to other places, but I'm happy so far.
            So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• joeychgo
              • Mar 2004

I use Ace Host for a few static html sites - but not for VB.

We have a section on vBulletin Webmaster where VB Forum owners post their experiences, both good and bad, with various web hosting companies. Feel free to have a look. Everyone is encouraged to contribute as well.

See: Rate Your Web Hosting

-
              Building my Automotive Forum Network...
              Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎