Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vbulletin on a ServInt VPS Solution - How about Performance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have already selected them bought a 3 months plan
    they are going good till day
    TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

So is your forums already up and running ?
      If so, how easy was the server move, meaning moving your forums to servint and gettng it running ?

Details please
      http://www.entropiaforum.com

Comment

My forum is not yet move, i am still fixing a custom nameserver on my end
        i tested the vps moving a copy of my db and files, it was comparatively faster

waiting for all changes on my end.. will post the review here ASAP

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by mindbuster
          San-Deep, please let me know how it goes, i am considering ServInt too, so would like to know how easy it is going from shared server to VPS. Thanks.
          I wouldn't recommend it. All of the VPS servers are RedHat 9. As everyone knows, RedHat 9 is an unsupported operating system as of Dec 2004. They are working on a Fedora Core 1 release "sometime in the future". Good idea, except that Fedora is on Core 3 and Core 4 is only a few weeks from release.

I found a better deal that ServInt here: http://www.rapidvps.com/?inode=services

Not Redhat 9, not Fedora Core, but Redhat Enterprise Server 3.0. Also more disk and more bandwidth than ServInt for less of a price.
          pSeriesTech.Org (vBulletin) -> Power-Systems.Org (xenForo)
          POWER to the people

Comment

Originally posted by FASherman
            I found a better deal that ServInt here: http://www.rapidvps.com/?inode=services
            They seem very new, and reading in their forums, which only have 32 members and less than 300 posts, they just started with vps, and support is through a ticket system, id rather spend a little more and get some that have tried it for years with good reputation and good support.

Not Redhat 9, not Fedora Core, but Redhat Enterprise Server 3.0. Also more disk and more bandwidth than ServInt for less of a price
            Well, as long as the OS serves the need i dont mind it being "old", it supports newer version of apache/php/mysql anyway.

Some ppl still use windows 95/98, why ? because it serves their needs.

Again, i would choose ServInt over rapidvps, ServInt seems to have much more experience and better support than rapidvps.
            http://www.entropiaforum.com

Comment

Another happy ServInt customer here. I use their Signature w/Plesk package, there are about 30 visitors at our forums at all times, there are other scripts installed (phpadsnew2...) and the server load is on average about 0.5. But the best thing with them is their wonderful customer support.

I was with Lunarpages.com before and... just horrible. In the end, they've even managed to misplace my forum's MySQL database somewhere (luckly I had a backup).

Two thumbs up for ServInt!

Comment

How many people online can you have on the servint package with 256 megs of ram?

Comment

I have tested good performance with 300+ users online with a 900 seconds cookie time-out.

Regards,

Comment

I have been with ServInt for some time now and they are awesome! My vBulletin is on the essential VPS package and we have 30-45 users on line during the day. Frequently people start getting booted from FlashChat because of mysql (which I am assuming is the limited ram).

Two days ago I ordered a Dell 750 1U server - P4 2.8 HT, 1 GB ram, 2 x 18GB SCSI drives. I am going to colocate in a datacenter (either GNAX or Colo4Dallas). Hopefully this will take care of my problems for the time being.

So to answer the question. ServInt VPS' are awesome but if your forum grows it will only be a matter of time before the VPS isn't an option.
                    Last edited by eSology; Wed 13 Apr '05, 7:03pm.

Comment

Ask them to change redhat 9 to either enterprise, CentOS, or Fedora.
                      Real Web Host

Comment

Originally posted by eSology
                        I have been with ServInt for some time now and they are awesome! My vBulletin is on the essential VPS package and we have 30-45 users on line during the day. Frequently people start getting booted from FlashChat because of mysql (which I am assuming is the limited ram).

Two days ago I ordered a Dell 750 1U server - P4 2.8 HT, 1 GHz ram, 2 x 18GB SCSI drives. I am going to colocate in a datacenter (either GNAX or Colo4Dallas). Hopefully this will take care of my problems for the time being.

So to answer the question. ServInt VPS' are awesome but if your forum grows it will only be a matter of time before the VPS isn't an option.
                        How many people are on the flashchat and on your forum at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
                          How many people are on the flashchat and on your forum at the same time?
                          10-15 on the forum
                          35-45 in FlashChat (more if it wouldn't boot them)

Comment

eSology, If you did not have flashchat, how many logged in users could the server handle?

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima
                              eSology, If you did not have flashchat, how many logged in users could the server handle?
                              Not sure since we are a new forum. I have 370+ members but only 45 have ever been on at once. The VPS was fine but the next day I installed FlashChat so all of my attenton has been focused on that.

I would like to use realchat but it isn't allowed on ServInt VPS'. Sigma isn't working because the ports used are blocked for many of out members. I'm really banking on the colo of my server to be the answer.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Im moving to servint next moth.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X