X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downtime with hostrocket

host rocket sucks.

i have been with them for 10 days.
    the first day they were down for 4 hours. it was scheduled maintanence that they failed to tell me about when i signed up.

i told everyone about my board and then it went down.

3 days later it went down for 10 minutes. no big deal but a red flag went up in my mind.

today my site went down at 4 am, and is still down at 2 pm.

they say its a problem with the network and they are fixing it.

after griping them out around 8 times today, i got ahold of justin, the system admin.

he said that he is replacing values in the kernel, to make the server ignore the errors. this was after i was told there was a problem with the network. i asked them if it was a switch, cable or a nic problem. this is just ridiculous.

sounds like part bs, and part truth. i regret using these people.

spilt coke in my keyboard too, so i cant use the shift button.

grrrrrr

The thing with host rocket is, if you get on a good server and your site performs average you will think they are the best because you won't have any issues. Unfortunatly if you get on a bad server you will get nothing but problems. And when it finally runs smoothly and your forum is doing good they sometimes suspend your account because you are doing too good (according to them). It is always a 50/50 situation with them. I read as much good things as bad things with them. What is always bad is the information they give you about things 'we are working on it'. And their support. If you are off for a bad start I'd make a backup and search around for an alternative and save yourself the trouble perhaps. 30 days money back guarantee?

Don't get me wrong. I am not posting this to rant on Host rocket, because I have a few accounts and got a few clients with accounts there that have really no problems at all. From shared to dedicated hosting. But I also have bad experiences with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X