Bandwidth Requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth Requirements?

How much disk space and gig's of transfer limits will i need to keep a board with 5,000 members happy? It will have about 300 to 500 users on at most times.

Thanks
    Last edited by EViLUTiON; Wed 15 Sep '04, 1:43am.

BUMP! No one knows? Come on people, i'm a noobie.

Comment

Your going to probaly need a dedicated server for 300-500 users online at one time.

I would guess at least a dual xeon with 2GB of ram and SCSI disks/

Comment

Well i have access to a T1 for 200 bux a month. Or would something like this work...

<LI>250MB Disk Space
        <LI>40 Mailboxes
        20GB Transfer Limit $69.95/month

<LI>650MB Disk Space
        <LI>60 Mailboxes
        30GB Transfer Limit $119.95/month

Comment

What are the server specs? That's the most important info.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

650 MB disk for $120/mo? two words: rip off

lol
            http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Dedicated servers mean you get the space available on the hard drive, I am sure the operating system won't take up too much, so those quota's are really low.

Either they are giving you something that isn't a real dedicated server, or you mixed up some numbers.

Comment

Man, i'm really going to have to do my homework on this one. I really have no idea where to start?? Thanks anyways bros

Comment

Good choice would be theplanet.com or servermatrix.com As a personal recomendation they have great prices and servers

Comment

Any recomendations for offshore providers?

Comment

I recommend Globat ...But !

Dear friend

I recommend Globat.com latest offer the GIGAByte
                      they offer 2500 gig and 75 gig bandwith and other emial stuff with extra bunus for further softwares and services and you can have free domain and dual domin pointers for only 95 US dolar ANNUALLY !

BUT ...make sure they upgrade their PHP to meet your VB
                      requirments especially for versions 3.0.x

Good luke

Comment

Actually, i dont recomend globat, unless they have drasticly changed,

Comment

Originally posted by EViLUTiON
                          How much disk space and gig's of transfer limits will i need to keep a board with 5,000 members happy? It will have about 300 to 500 users on at most times.

Thanks
                          Get a dedicated server at The Planet or ServerMatrix.

Originally posted by Fawaz
                          Dear friend

I recommend Globat.com latest offer the GIGAByte
                          they offer 2500 gig and 75 gig bandwith and other emial stuff with extra bunus for further softwares and services and you can have free domain and dual domin pointers for only 95 US dolar ANNUALLY !

BUT ...make sure they upgrade their PHP to meet your VB
                          requirments especially for versions 3.0.x

Good luke
                          I remember Globat. They were the worst host I've dealed with since I started my website. I signed up with them earlier this year and took them up on their 30 day money back guarentee a week or two later. The server loads were frequently 9.00 and up and I had constant communications break downs with their technical support (sometimes taking 3 days to get something done). I highly do not recommend going with them.

Comment

Dear Shining

Although I did not experiensed any problem with them ..especially in support ... In fact they have very decent chating service where you got an answer for you quiry instantly ..furthermore they are in comparison deadly cheap for what they offer ... their problem was that their PHPs cant support 3.0.x requirments which may be changed by now.
                            Thanks

Comment

Hello

I have my forum on http://www.q8manar.com/vb
                              11600 users
                              300-450 users on one time
                              bandwidth : 30 - 35 GB

Is this server the pest for my site :
                              https://www.servermatrix.com/solutions/ss24_server.html

???
                              Kuwait sun

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X