RackShack.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RackShack.net

Has anyone heard of or used RackShack? Any comments, good or bad are appreciated

Yes I have a dedicated server with them and for $99 dollars a month its a great deal.

Comment

I believe someone has already asked the similar question, but I would like to ask my own question:

I am running a forum and it's getting popular. There are always about 100 people online at the same time for about 6 hours per day and the daily transfer is about 1GB. (new novel posting forum).

I want to know whether Raq4 is powerful enough to handle this kind of traffic? Do I have to add more ram to make the forum run smoother?

Thanks.

ebird

Comment

I'm not confident that a RaQ would be able to handle that..it might be though. You'll need to wait for one of the experts to help on that one

Thanks for the advice The Realist - in the end I decided to wait a little while and get a proper dedicated server instead of a RaQ, which I have now done (from pwebtech.com).

Comment

i have a raq4 with rackshack.net - 512 megs ram. anythings over 90 users online at one time and things go nuts. i have the load limit set to 5.75 and still get the "server busy" message ALOT. the server goes down about once or twice a week. i was "unoffically" told by a rackshack tech that the raq just couldn't handle it. works well for 50-60 user (max) on at one time but anything more and trouble starts.

i have switched to http://www.interserver.net - they offer a great price on 1000 mhz machines for a little bit more than you will pay for a maxed out raq with rackshack.

i would suggest hitting http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ before deciding on going with anyone. that place is great for getting real feedback on hosting

you can't beat rackshack for small sites but when i got into the same traffic you are talking about i just got alot of problems.

Comment

in the end I decided to wait a little while and get a proper dedicated server instead of a RaQ, which I have now done (from pwebtech.com).
            James - just wondering if you got the deal I posted in the below thread: -

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=23897

Let us know how it goes with Pegasus as I may move to a dedicated later in the year.

Cheers

Comment

I actually got an even better deal than that - PIII 750, 256Mb, 30GB for $100/mo.

I thoroughly recommend Pegasus...the server is fast, support is good and I have had no problems so far (well, other than me mucking up my DNS entries but that was my fault and easily solved )

Comment

i have a raq4 with rackshack.net - 512 megs ram. anythings over 90 users online at one time and things go nuts. i have the load limit set to 5.75 and still get the "server busy" message ALOT. the server goes down about once or twice a week. i was "unoffically" told by a rackshack tech that the raq just couldn't handle it. works well for 50-60 user (max) on at one time but anything more and trouble starts.

Which version of MySQL do you use?
                Contentteller Community Forums

Comment

I actually got an even better deal than that - PIII 750, 256Mb, 30GB for $100/mo.

I thoroughly recommend Pegasus...the server is fast, support is good and I have had no problems so far (well, other than me mucking up my DNS entries but that was my fault and easily solved )
                  Was that a deal you negotiated or one they had on offer ?

Comment

Negotiated I believe. It wasn't me who found the server...it was a friend of mins who was going to get it but decided not to and asked if I wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philipp

Which version of MySQL do you use?
                      whatever one comes installed on the RAQ with rackshack

i am moving onto a new 1000mhz server this week

Comment

I ask because I think that the newer RaQ MySQL packages cause heavy CPU load much faster that the older 3.22.32 package.
                        Contentteller Community Forums

Comment

Originally posted by mark58

whatever one comes installed on the RAQ with rackshack
                          Not MySQL!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X