Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone from UK been with http://www.eukhost.com/?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    I can recommend A Small Orange:

http://www.asmallorange.com/

Their support is excellent and the server (which is considered full) is rarely above 1.00 load.
    They arent UK based though, they are also hosted by ThePlanet. Looking at EUKhost their page is a joke, most of their client comments are from alleged customers who still have site under construction pages and some from people who host elsewhere.

What sort of bandwidth are you useing at the moment JoyB?

Comment

Originally posted by JoyB
      I'm still with EUKHost and I puchased the "Gold" package which offered me:

20GB data transfer
      700mb space
      I think it's time I changed as I've started having a lot of problems recently. Can anyone recommend a good host?
      http://www.imagelinkusa.net

My site (see sig) has been on there since 2002 with no real problems at all. Initially it ran XMB then vB2 now vB3. It's damn fast too!

Unlike some hosts they are happy to have modest vB sites on shared plans. I have a 20gb allowance, not as much space as that but I can add as much as I like onto the account if I need to.

Support is great and fast, and their shared servers seem to well configured as they cope with all that vB has to offer without any problems.

SSH is not on by default but if you have justifiable reason they will enable it, they have for me.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Martyjp
        They arent UK based though, they are also hosted by ThePlanet. Looking at EUKhost their page is a joke, most of their client comments are from alleged customers who still have site under construction pages and some from people who host elsewhere.

Your host doesn't have to be UK based unless you pay by check. In that case being UK based would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyjp

Thanks for the advice everyone

I don't know what sort of bandwidth I'm using but the Gold package I purchased offered me 20GB and 700mb and I had no problems for the first few months.

Yesterday my board was down for 6 hours. I had an error message and I didn't know what to do as I couldn't access my board nor my control panel. I emailed vB support who were as efficient as always but unfortunately nothing worked. I then contacted EUKHost 4 times and 3 of the emails came back to me undelivered saying: This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: They eventually replied to my 4th email saying : your domain is hosted with some other server, kindly contact them.

I then sent them a copy of the receipt/order details and that email was returned as undelivered too!! They must have realised their mistkae because within minutes my board was back up and running again. I was expecting an email apologising for their mistake but have received nothing.

Joy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X