Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    When I was looking at a new web host I had it narrowed down to futurequest, hostrocket, and hostpro. They all looked like great web hosts. In the end I decided to stand by the saying "you get what you pay for". I went with hostpro freedom 200 plan. Definately not the cheapest ($59 a month for 300meg, 10gigs per month, etc) but I like them. In the beginning I had issues with their tech guys responding to my e-mails. That was quickly resolved though. What most impressed me about hostpro was their response to my main question before I signed up:

Q: I will be running vBulletin forums. I need a web host that can handle a nice ammount of connections without running out of db connections or having performance issues, etc.

A: Don't worry about mysql connections and stuff. The only limiting factor you will need to worry about is the monthly bandwidth allotment. Our servers can handle the rest.

So far this seems to be the case. I did have some issues about a week ago with slow server performance but that's it. They said it was due to network latency and that it would be cleared up soon... it was. Other than that hostpro's servers are very snappy, good tech support, and good online manual of their freebsd web server services.

Side note: one thing I've noticed is that text loads really fast (in vB or otherwise) but images tend to take a little longer than on other vB's I've visited. Oh well, most of my vB is textified anyways. I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    The only reason I didn't go with hostmatters is they have a very low amount of space for the price.

Leave a comment:

• Barbie
    replied
    Hi Guys! I am with HostRocket and I have nothing but great things to say about them! If you are thinking about going with them I say do it! They have always helped me in any way they could. Their customer service is the best! I was first leary because I wanted a number I could call and talk to someone if I had a question and better explain my problem over the phone, but I have found they always answer anything I'm asking in well explained messages. I cant say enuf about them!

Leave a comment:

• Jaxsdad
    replied
    You want a host that will do you RIGHT??? www.hostingmatters.com !

I am telling you, these guys ROCK!!! You get PHP4 several MySQL databases and LOTS of disk space and transfer...for specs, go to their website and look around.

And the tech support is grade A! everything that I have asked of them, they did within 10 minutes...they even transferred my VBulletin Board to their servers for me for FREE!!

Annette and Stephanie (tech support guru's) are on top of every problem that I had while transferring my domain (which was not many, BTW!!). I think if you check them out, you will like them...couldn't beat me away from this host with a stick!

Leave a comment:

• trilizio
    replied
    Originally posted by Webby
    Thats great you guys have found good service.

I haven't heard from them yet and gave them until tonight so I am going to try hostgo.com I think.

Plan looks ok, not as good as a deal as I would have received from hostrocket but they do say you get what you pay for.

With the $12 account I guess I paid too little.

Hostgo.com looks ok.
    They limit the mySQL to 5 {it doesn't say that but I emailed them and got a response in two hours.}

More importantly they have what I am looking for in the Zend opt for PHP4.

And something else that I liked is the chilisoft asp.
    I might want to try that too.

Now I only pray that I get my money back from hostrocket.
    I will update how that goes.
    http://www.classactdance.com is ran on HostGo.Com I'll admit they aren't the best but they are not bad.

For the price I pay amount you get some good features for a low bandwith site. If you have a high bandwith then I am not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Brown
    replied
    Try www.webhostingtalk.com for some honest reviews of ALL hosts.

Leave a comment:

• hacker
    replied
    Next Generation Hosting

I have not found anything that beats the price/quality and features for www.nghosting.com.

My opinion anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Seeker
    replied
    Webby, if you're still looking for a host for your forum, I'd suggest Hosting Matters (http://www.hostmatters.com). Great plans, great prices, great support (they use vB for their support forum, too). Worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    Thats great you guys have found good service.

I haven't heard from them yet and gave them until tonight so I am going to try hostgo.com I think.

Plan looks ok, not as good as a deal as I would have received from hostrocket but they do say you get what you pay for.

With the $12 account I guess I paid too little.

Hostgo.com looks ok.
    They limit the mySQL to 5 {it doesn't say that but I emailed them and got a response in two hours.}

More importantly they have what I am looking for in the Zend opt for PHP4.

And something else that I liked is the chilisoft asp.
    I might want to try that too.

Now I only pray that I get my money back from hostrocket.
    I will update how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• mjames
    replied
    I've used HostRocket since Nov. 2000. Great folks there. Quick and knowledgeable support, for the most part, great, quick servers, and affordable plans with all the features I need. My dream host.

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    I will download it and install, then try.

Do you know when he is online?

Thanks by the way.

Leave a comment:

• steven
    replied
    his aol im is rocketsupport

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    I have used outlook express and even tried a few webmails to check and nothing is on the server.

Hotmail too.

I have left four email addresses for them.

It has been five days, you would think it would get to me by now if delayed.

I just got steves in five minutes or less.

Does anyone know brendens icq or anyway to get ahold of him that doesn't redirect me to the stupid trouble ticket system that does'nt work?

That would make me happy to just get ahold of him.
    Last edited by Webby; Sun 25 Mar '01, 4:23pm.

Leave a comment:

• Webby
    replied
    I have admitted that is possible.

but is is my name and I do believe you have to enter it twice.

I have asked for them to send a normal email but I can't get that.

I can now not even submit a trouble ticket, I just get a page not found now.

If you can submit a trouble ticket please submit one for me.

I just now got this.
    --------------------------------------
    It's steven from vbulletin forum just checking to see if email is working.

Have you ever been ripped off, cheated or lied to? If so, visit
    http://www.baddealings.com
    -------------------------------------

And steven right now I believe I am being ripped off... if they ever get me working they should at least not charge me for the five days I have been complaining and not had service.

Leave a comment:

• steven
    replied
    sent you an email at both addresses. Maybe when you setup your account, you mistyped your username or password, because I think that their system is almost fully automated.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X