who has the FASTEST hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the FASTEST hosting?

just as the title says. who provides the fastest hosting for vB? it seems that this particular host is rather slow....

it takes a long time to post messages and load pages.

i was looking for something along the lines of zeroforum speeds.

TIA

I'm hosted by:

http://www.asmallorange.com/

My forums load relatively quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by LiKe_WhOa!
      just as the title says. who provides the fastest hosting for vB? it seems that this particular host is rather slow....

it takes a long time to post messages and load pages.

i was looking for something along the lines of zeroforum speeds.

TIA
      It may not be the host. My forum runs slow compared to others, yet we run it on a fairly powerful server. I think it is due to the settings on my board.
      You could try installing a clean vbulletin board and put in a directory called /vbtest/ then set up the same amount of forums, then make a thread. Load the thread and see if it loads any quicker. If yes then it could be your vb settings on your other board, if no then it could be the server.

Also, it is impossible to tell you which is the fastest host out there. It would be the same as asking "who has the fastest internet connection?".

Here are a list of things that could cause your forums to be slow:

1. Heavy images.
      2. Slow internet connection.
      3. Your vBulletin settings.
      4. The servers load, bandwidth usage or settings.
      5. Hacks/modifications.

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by HostOrbit; Sun 28th Mar '04, 6:33pm.

Comment

To add to HostOrbits reply, you also have to consider, what is fast for those on the eastern side of the world may not be for the western side and vice versa (same applies for the north and south).

It really depends on who the hosts' connection goes through and what you have to go through to get to the server (late night, hope that makes sense ).

For instance, someone living right next to a main/central connection is probably going to get a small boost as opposed to someone living 1000 miles away .

Comment

i currently use zeroforum and it is consistently VERY fast. however, it's also VERY expensive. not sure how they do it but they my site off of their servers [as well as the sites of all of their other clients] and they are all VERY VERY fast.

Comment

i use www.superbhosting.net

cheap and reliable but sql is a tad slow on my forum, the sql databases are hosted on a seperate server i gather that is why they are slower

Comment

www.dathorn.com

try it on my vb3 in my sig.

Comment

Last edited by Bulent Tekcan; Sun 19th Mar '06, 2:10am.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bulent Tekcan]My prefer host is www.communehost.com QUOTE]

They still think that they have 4.8GHz machines. There is no such thing.

Comment

Joshs, it actually is a 4.8ghz machine, ther are TWO processors running each at 2.4 ghz, which means there is 4800mhz of processing power, with HT it makes it almost 2 times faster than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Joshs, it actually is a 4.8ghz machine, ther are TWO processors running each at 2.4 ghz, which means there is 4800mhz of processing power, with HT it makes it almost 2 times faster than that.
                      Zachery, hummn... you sure that's true? I think I've read that linux is actually faster with HT turned off?

Certainly, I've read about a lot of issues with it, though I can't remember any of it completely because my server chugs along (quite nicely Imight add) with a PIII 1 GHZ on a Compaq DL320....

One-Take

Comment

Depends on your distro of linux, and just saying linux is faster with HT off is a very broad fact/ opinion.

Because there are hundereds of distros, one may be slower while others are faster.

At any rate there are 2 2.4 ghz processors

Comment

I'm very happy this host.....P2,P3,P4 or P9 no problem for me.I need fast and best service,this is the main subject.....

Also Zachery is correct...

Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            and just saying linux is faster with HT off is a very broad fact/ opinion.
                            Zach, read my post carefully... didn't offer the info as either fact or opinion... offered as what I'd heard on a tech forum populated by server admins that I frequent, also offered "info" complete with ??

One-Take

Comment

Well you said Linux is faster with HT off, but what Distro of linux? there are thousands

Comment

Working...
                              X