Pulling Lastest Open Topics/replies to a non-Vb page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling Lastest Open Topics/replies to a non-Vb page

Hello everyone, I want to pull the lastest replies from certain Vbulletin categories so it would appear on my index page(non vb index page).

So lets say I have the following:

Parent Forum (Category A)
    .Subforum a1
    .Subforum a2
    .Subforum a3
    Parent Forum (Category B)
    .Subforum b1
    .Subforum b2
    .Subforum b3
    Parent Forum (Category C)
    .Subforum c1
    .Subforum c2
    .Subforum c3

I want to show at a certain part on my index page the latest replies, poster, time posted, from all subforums in category A. On another part from Category B, and then category C. I'm not to familiar with PHP, but I know that I must have the index connect to my mysql database with:

<?php
    $host = "localhost";
    $user = "DBuser";
    $senha = "DBpasswd";
    $conn = mysql_connect($host,$user,$senha);
    ?>

Could someone talk me through this or perhaps lead me to a good tutorial on what I have to do? Also with part of the database that I want to call in order to get these results?

Thank you!

vBulletin has a javascript file that can achieve this in vBulletin 3.

external.php, if you search in the vBulletin 3 forums you can find lots of threads explaining how you can do it.

Comment

Oh, ok! I'll search around for this.. didn't know they had it for vB3.

Thanks a lot Merk

Comment

I did a search around the forum and I only found information on how to display the lastest thread and not how I actually want it to display, perhaps someone in here is kind enough to provide me with this code or lead me to the right direction on how to mess around with external.php?

Thanks in advance

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X