X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I just downloaded it and am in the process of reading it

Comment

No problem .

It's only the really basic beginer stuff. For anything more advanced then what is in there, you should look up www.php.net

Comment

Thanks alot, Hey how comes when i put this code in a php file im getin a parse error--

<?
        $a = "Jake!";
        Echo "Hello $a";
        ?>

Comment

A couple things are wrong, use:

PHP Code:
          <?php
          $a 
          "Jake";
          echo(
          "hello $a");
          ?>

Comment

Ah thank you. It was a piece of code from austin.p's tutorial he kindly linked me 2

Comment

Sorry , I wrote the code with either a different version of PHP/Platform/Handling. Jake was going to be testing out his PHP scripts on my server at the time I wrote the tutorial. Forgot to make the tutorial more global I guess :\

I'm running my PHP scripts of Win2k with PHP 4.3.4 & Apache 1.3.28 or something I believe :shrug:

/edit. BTW, You should use lower case for all the functions even if my script has upper case (I think Word make them upper case and I forgot to make them lower...). As for <? vs <?php I have it set in my php.ini for <? just because I'm lazy and want to cut back on typing where ever I can.

/edit edit. Testing out this version of vB...Wondering if doing edits still keeps the format instead of displaying the vB code.

/edit edit edit. Cool
              Last edited by austin.p; Thu 6th Nov '03, 11:30am.

Comment

Its cool It will just give me more reasons to learn php as i go huhz

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...glance&s=books

That is the book I learned from. It is absolutely fantastic.
                  Me too!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X