Learn Php plzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn Php plzzzzzz

Ok i found a thread similar to this yet they was askin for books, Im not too keen on books so i was wondering if anyone could suggest some great online tutorials? I seriously want to learn php and then hopefully move onto mysql. So can any one give me some links and advice? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by MindTrix
    I seriously want to learn php and then hopefully move onto mysql. So can any one give me some links and advice? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    php.net/manual/en

Comment

blahh i used some manual on php.net and it was crap. It started addin in codes n not sayin wut they were for etc i got completely lost. Anyone else got any links? Frikin php is hard mannnn

Comment

Anyone else got any links?
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764555898
        Sig? What sig?

Comment

Hey cheers but i was looking for online guides, But is that book ne good tho???

Comment

Hey cheers but i was looking for online guides, But is that book ne good tho???
            The * for Dummies series is absolutely great.
            They explain everything in a way that's easy to understand.
            That book is a revision for the latest versions of php and mysql
            It is not yet published.
            There is a current version available.
            Sig? What sig?

Comment

hmmm i guess if online ones fail then that cud b a possibility to buy

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...glance&s=books

That is the book I learned from. It is absolutely fantastic.
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

There are some cool tutorials on phpfreaks.com and sitepoint.com as

Comment

phpfreaks, never thought bout dat, n never heard of sitepoint, ill check em out cheers

Comment

The PHP Manual is an invaluable resource.

Comment

yah but not for a newbie it aint. I was goin through the guide etc n it started skippin bits

b4 i knew it there was code there and i didnt know wut some of it did so i jus got lost

Comment

Dont skip bits

I learnt from reading other peoples code.

I also use "Core PHP Programming" second edition for quick references to functions and examples.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...glance&s=books

That is the book I learned from. It is absolutely fantastic.
                            i would also refer this book.. its was i used ,, now im in the middle of creating my own built from stratch CMS (content manegement system)

Comment

http://objectivism.homeip.net/files/...20EXAMPLES.doc

I wrote that PHP tutorial awhile back for a friend of mine. Not sure if it's any good but you're welcome to give it a shot and tell me what ya think.

If you do not have word, microsoft has a free word viewer on their website in the download section.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X