safari css problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safari css problems

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem with safari and found a work around with it.

i am putting this style inline with a div and it's not working correctly:

HTML Code:
    <div style="background-color: #99CCFF; text-align: center; padding: 6px; display: inline; border: 1px solid #6699CC;">Hello</div>
    waht that sould create is a box around the said text. now the problem i am having is that the display: inline on safari does not let you use padding or height or anyting to adjust the height of the box. i really need to get this to work as we are an all mac based company. attached is a picture of what it should look like...the top one is safari and the bottom one is mac ie.

thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Jon Whitcraft
    Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Have you tried making a class that contains all of those attributes then using <div class="blah">Hello<div>

That code you posted is a mess.

Comment

no i have not. I will try that on monday as i am not at work anymore and can't test it from home as i dont own a mac.
      Jon Whitcraft

Comment

I think you would be best off simply using a table. I believe inline elements are actually not meant to have padding anyway...

HTML Code:
        <style type="text/css">
        <!--
        #active { background: #99ccff; }
        #menu { background: #ecf3fb; border: 1px solid #6699cc; }
        #menu tr td { border-right: 1px solid #6699cc; }
        #menu tr td.last { border: 0; }
        -->
        </style>

<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" id="menu">
         <tr>
          <td id="active">Description</td>
          <td>Specs</td>
          <td>Image Library</td>
          <td class="last">Be the first to review this product</td>
         </tr>
        </table>

Comment

that is an option but i am trying to make the whole page not use tables unless it it data that needs to be displayed in column format....alto i think this is giong to be one of them exceptions...
          Jon Whitcraft

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X