Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quoting something from another site using php ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merk
    replied
    Ive never looked at curl, but i would assume it uses some sort of regex type string to search for its information.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by merk
    You mean you want to "rip" the chart information out of that page and put it on your own?

It isnt _that_ hard, but youll need to use CURL (curl functions should be available in php). Scott used this for subscriptions, though i think that got changed because not every server supported it.
    Well, you could read the whole contents of their page and use a regEx to grab all of the data. That'd be slower though, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    You mean you want to "rip" the chart information out of that page and put it on your own?

It isnt _that_ hard, but youll need to use CURL (curl functions should be available in php). Scott used this for subscriptions, though i think that got changed because not every server supported it.

Leave a comment:

• f-a_org
    started a topic Quoting something from another site using php ?

Quoting something from another site using php ?

Can I quote something from another site using php ?

like vB's quote code, but different.
    I want to quote a certain site on the main site, and on the extra box I have on my forums.

how do I do this ?

the site I want to quote is: http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/latin50.jsp
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X