Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quoting something from another site using php ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting something from another site using php ?

Can I quote something from another site using php ?

like vB's quote code, but different.
    I want to quote a certain site on the main site, and on the extra box I have on my forums.

how do I do this ?

the site I want to quote is: http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/latin50.jsp

You mean you want to "rip" the chart information out of that page and put it on your own?

It isnt _that_ hard, but youll need to use CURL (curl functions should be available in php). Scott used this for subscriptions, though i think that got changed because not every server supported it.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
      You mean you want to "rip" the chart information out of that page and put it on your own?

It isnt _that_ hard, but youll need to use CURL (curl functions should be available in php). Scott used this for subscriptions, though i think that got changed because not every server supported it.
      Well, you could read the whole contents of their page and use a regEx to grab all of the data. That'd be slower though, I believe.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Ive never looked at curl, but i would assume it uses some sort of regex type string to search for its information.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X