"vb hacking for dummies" guide ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "vb hacking for dummies" guide ?

I am wondering: is there some geek documentation from jelsoft or 3rd party on the internals of the vBulletin implementation such as

- layout of the database tables
    - main methods used, php files etc.
    - where to start modifying, what stuff to never touch etc.

or is everyone just fiddling that out for themselves ?

Thanks in advance !
    Robert
    Canoma - software for creating realistic 3D models from photographs - forum - examples

layout of database tables: in Member's Area for vB2, screw with everything and learn what it is on your own in vB3.

Where to start modifying... why, that would be the file that you want to make a change to and the functions_*.php files. Never touch anything you can't understand or face a huge consequence.... PARSE ERRORS!

Yeah, that's about it.

Comment

trial and error

but backup backup backup

Comment

If there is already something in vB that does almost what you want but not quite, take a look inside.
        Poke around, see what it does, how it does it and how it's all connected.
        You may even find you are able to call some existing functions to do most of the work for you.
        Sig? What sig?

Comment

Originally posted by BradC
          trial and error

but backup backup backup
          Oh, so THAT'S where I keep killing my board.

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
            Oh, so THAT'S where I keep killing my board.
            Used to work for me... bought I break mine out of stupidy.. no trial and error envolved.. I just sneeze or blink and it breaks down

What's this do.....

*POOF*

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X