Having my main site automatically...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
    well, the way i have it setup is my board is locared in a /forums directory, when i try to use any of the scripts above and have it on my index directory, it's just a blank page, but when i use some of them in the /forums directory they work.

But that's a problem though, how will peeps see it if my website is pointing to the index and not the forums directory??

EDIT: hey merk, your script just gives me a blank page when i run it... any clue whats wrong?

MGM out
    I dont run my forums in a forums subdirectory. So thats why it works well for me, its not hard to change it so it works, either.

You need to create the templates in the default style, and all other styles that users can see, because if you dont then it doesnt have anything to build it from.

Make sure the templates contain stuff, and they are spelt right. Also check "View Source" of the page, is there a few little bits of code in there?

All you need to do, to make the script work in a directory below the forums,

Change the // REQUIRE BACKEND and includes to look like this..
    PHP Code:
    // ######################### REQUIRE BACK-END ############################
    chdir("./forums");
    require_once(
    './global.php');
    require_once(
    './includes/functions_postbit.php');
    chdir("./../"); 

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X