login boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login boxes

I have a login box on the main index of my site, but I want to set it up to where it'll login a person into the forums and redirect them to the board when they login.... similar to this site: http://www.macsubculture.com/ (I found it on here) - anyone have any recommendations as how to do this?? My site is www.dumbfounded.net, you click the + and it'll bring the login boxes. Thanks.

J.

On vBulletin.org you can find a 'login box on none vb pages' hack, I am sure I have seen it there before.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
      On vBulletin.org you can find a 'login box on none vb pages' hack, I am sure I have seen it there before.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response. It was a /really/ old post and now it seems that no one knows how to help me.

Warning: main(./config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dumbfoun/public_html/board/admin/global.php on line 96

<p align="left"><b><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Tahoma" size="2">
      <?

require("/home/dumbfoun/public_html/board/admin/global.php");

if ($bbuserinfo['userid']!=0) {
      $username=$bbuserinfo['username'];

echo"Welcome back, <b>$username</b>";

}

?>
      </p>

p align="right">
      <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
      <form action="/home/dumbfoun/public_html/board/admin/member.php" method="post">
      <tr>
      <td nowrap><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color="white"><b>Not cookied?</b><br>Login with usernam
      e and password:</font>
      </td>
      </tr><tr>
      <td nowrap><input type="hidden" name="s" value="769c1aabe4f6207720ccfac822020d95">
      <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">
      <input type="text" class="bginput" name="username" size="7">
      <input type="password" class="bginput" name="password" size="7">
      <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Login!"></td>
      </tr>
      </form>
      </table>
      </p>

that's what i have so far and i'm getting the error that's listed above. you can see what i mean by going to www.dumbfounded.net - the php will be in the top bar, the login is below. I'm stuck now and don't know what to do. :/

J.

Comment

Sorry but you will need to post over at vbulletin.org. We do not support hacks here. Try posting a new thread over there.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Sorry but you will need to post over at vbulletin.org. We do not support hacks here. Try posting a new thread over there.
          It's not a hack, it's a login redirection; as far as I know it requires no editing of vb files. And there is a thread over there already. You can close this if it's that big of a deal.

J.

Comment

Hacking includes the writing of non-vB scripts. The best place to get help with this is at vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If it doesn't include source code hacking, why do you get this error:

/home/dumbfoun/public_html/board/admin/global.php

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                If it doesn't include source code hacking, why do you get this error:

/home/dumbfoun/public_html/board/admin/global.php

gee i wouldn't know since i don't know what to do or what not to do.

J.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X