Clear All

• Slapyo
    replied
    http://www.textpad.com/

textpad

Leave a comment:

• Gonik
    replied
    actually, no. I don't use debuggers. Have you used it? is it good?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by globalstrata
    ..... What is the best PHP editor for beginners?........
    Any, that is simple.

I would suggest getting a very basic editor and concentrating on learning the language, a huge IDE or editor could become confusing and distract you from learning the language or baffle you with settings or config etc.

I spent a while using textpad, before I got a grip on the language, then went looking for a better tool to use to write it.

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    replied
    Noone uses Dreamweaver?

Leave a comment:

• globalstrata
    replied
    ok. I have read all your comments but I need a bit more information customized to my needs. I am really new to PHP so basically I am looking for an editor that can quickly help me grasp the code. From what I read, it seems that EditPlus is more for an advanced PHP user. Is this correct? Is there not auto fill? Is there any php editor that can allow you go to the code say highlight a variable or function call and hit a shortcut key so it takes you to wherever the item is defined at? What is the best PHP editor for beginners? I am afraid that I may use a too advanced editors that does multiple languages and maybe run in to the problem that it messes up the code the way Macromedia Dreamweaver sometimes does; so even though I have Macromedia and VS.Net available for my use, I was thinking that maybe a dedicated editor would be better for me to use. Am I incorrect in my assumptions?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonik
    When i took my first steps in PHP (about 3 years ago) i was using jEdit. I thought it was heavy for my old machine so i moved to HomeSite.

Now i'm using EditPlus and i think it's great because it's really extensible. Now i got a new pc i'll try again jEdit because i liked it when i first used it.

in Linux i use KEdit

thanx for the jEdit remider Jerry!
    Ever use dbg ?

Leave a comment:

• Gonik
    replied
    When i took my first steps in PHP (about 3 years ago) i was using jEdit. I thought it was heavy for my old machine so i moved to HomeSite.

Now i'm using EditPlus and i think it's great because it's really extensible. Now i got a new pc i'll try again jEdit because i liked it when i first used it.

in Linux i use KEdit

thanx for the jEdit remider Jerry!

Leave a comment:

• sidhighwind
    replied
    Not sure if this has been said or not but the eclipse IDE is awesome! get the right php plugin and you've got your self a very powerful editor and the best part is it's all free!!!

Leave a comment:

• G-Unit
    replied
    ( Sorry if already been posted )

I use ConTEXT. Really good.

Search on http://sourcefourge.net for it.

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    Originally posted by bluechip
    Just started testing it today and it definately got my vote.

I didn't like 0.6 Stable, especially, because I was missing using Shift + DEL, CTRL + Insert and Shift + Insert for Cut, Copy and Paste but 0.8 Devel rocks and has everything I need

Leave a comment:

• algamar.net
    replied
    نع بع سع

سيبيسبسيبنمسيبتنسيب
    Originally posted by Gavin.
    crimson editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com) is great... has built in remote FTP, syntax highlighting for everything, mass search and replace files, smart tabs, has files open in a 'tabbed' situation (kind of like mozilla does).

Love it

Leave a comment:

• Numd
    replied
    Zend Studio (www.zend.com)

ActiveState Komodo (www.activestate.com)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    After playing with jEdit and using more of the plugins and customising it, I'm going to be using it for a very long time I think.

I've got an idea for a plugin that I think I will write as well

Leave a comment:

• love77
    replied
    EditPlus is the best

Leave a comment:

• leitel
    replied
    I have also tried MANY editors. I use UltraEdit, EditPlus and Dreamweaver. Noteworthy is phpEd which helps me understand the flow of php with it's powerful debugger.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X