No announcement yet.

Good PHP editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed jEdit today, and I must say, it's quite nice indeed. Very customizable. I have a cool background for my text editing area as well.

Look what you can do with the background extension.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
      I just installed jEdit today, and I must say, it's quite nice indeed. Very customizable. I have a cool background for my text editing area as well.

Look what you can do with the background extension.
      I've been using this for a while now, I highly recomend it and exploring all the plugins.

Also if it dosn't do what you want, write it
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Its also got "block select" like textpad, which I love !
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hm, you see that screenshot I posted? Notice the open file tabs above the text edit area. How do you get those? Is that an extension? I can't find it. :/
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

I tend to use the Buffer List plugin, the one you are looking at is 'Buffer Tabs'.
            Last edited by Jerry; Tue 20th Jan '04, 10:27am.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
              I tend to use the Buffer List plugin, the one you are looking at is 'Buffer Tabs'.
              Awesome! Fast response, thanks.

Comment

or for the humans that like a easy php,html,asp editor. Than go and look for dreamwaver on www.google.com . Bicous dreamweaver is the best. i think.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                  i use http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm not free but great
                  I used to use that all the time, those little code snippets where like my life in 2000-2001 (yea all of ten of them I think

If they would just improve the ftp in that it would be awesome, All except that it was perfect, lightweight, not bloated down with ten million things that made me wish I had anotehr five gigs of ram just to run the php editor, etc

Though I think the best php editor, if you do a lot of work, is one that I you build yourself over time on your server - thats what I got now, its not overly pretty (though It wouldnt be hard to make perty) - but it gets me around the entire server, into any account, edit the files online, realtime if I wish, the authentication is both IP based and vBulletin authentication based (vBulletin is the authenticaiton system I use for everything, especially now that I have it all rigged up to slide in new bought, or written aps easily)

I would highly recommend just using what ya got, and build your own - there is a lot of decent building blocks you can find around the net to start with, but dont stop there - find one, and build it into what you want - I have pretty much every feature in mine that I have ever wanted, quick reference, snippets, wysiwyg alternate version, line numbering, simple coloring using just phps (I write it out to temp.phps, include it, write over temp.phps so no fear of someone seeing something that would cause me to have a bad day) - but actualy you dont just include it, you grab it into an array and right it out one line at at time in a two column table - first column, line numbers second column, each line - that way you got line numbering, and you got word wrap with out losing line numbers (sure there is other ways to do it - but why - that method works and is so simple)

Just build it

Comment

Course one of these day I am going to tackle better color coding - and the way I do it now is fine, but like the last three days I have been stuck on thsi stupid sony vio thingy - with a gig of ram that feels like 32 megs and the slowest 2.4 processor I have ever felt - though the worse part is only one monitor - I normally have anywhere between 3-8 hooked up, depending on what I am doing and how much of the computer power I want to use just displaying stuff on monitors - but with multiple monitors code highlighting works fine in a static documen while you edit/work in another window - doesnt so great on one.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
                      Yup! EditPlus2, and I wouldn't have it any other way.. I tried every editor mentioned in the "What is vB coded in" thread, and am still using EditPlus2. I don't like coders that do it for me, at all Also, EditPlus has remote FTP, great PHP highlighting (And C++ and C and HTML and more ) and has a tabbed system to switch files.. Works great for everything I need!
                      EDITPLUS rocks
                      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by djnoz
                        http://www.chrimsoneditor.com

that's the one I use
                        thats good

Comment

I used EditPlus 2. He have a very very nice coloring sistem...now i tryed PHP Expert Editor 3.1 and it rox. The coloring sistem i a bit...poor than EditPlus but i have nice things !
                          GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.

Comment

I've used so many editors, including that crimson editor. I've settled on using AnyEdit which in my opinion far surpasses every editor I have ever used, regardless of the programming language.

Comment

I have also tried MANY editors. I use UltraEdit, EditPlus and Dreamweaver. Noteworthy is phpEd which helps me understand the flow of php with it's powerful debugger.
                              Larry Eitel - Administrator & Webmaster
                              NoBlood.org
                              Transfusion Alternatives and Blood Management

Comment

EditPlus is the best

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X