IP Logging Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Logging Removed

Is there a way to prevent IP's from being logged?

Actually Cleared at the end of a day or by command

I would set up a cron job of some sort to run the following query every 24 hours:
    UPDATE post SET ipaddress = 0

Comment

Did you want IP-Logging to be completely disabled?

If yes: Admin-CP -> vBulletin Options -> IP Logging Options -> Log IP addresses? -> Set to 'Do not log IP'

If no: See Carys suggestion
      Hints & Tips:
      [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

Why would you want to stop IPs from being logged?

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
          Why would you want to stop IPs from being logged?
          For Privacy

Would be nice to have something to Clear IP logs Daily on Command in the AdminCP

Comment

There is not much you can do with IPs. At least in Germany you have no chance of getting the person's details (address etc.) just by asking the ISP, you need the police for that. And it shouldn't be that different in other countries.

Comment

And you can fake IPs or use an anonymous Proxy. So IPs are absolute worthless.

Comment

Well, anonymus proxies can be banned. At least you could add a list of them in the IP banning options.

And I don't think you could fake IPs, though you could hide it behind a proxy and even an open home proxy, if you meant that with faking.
                Hints & Tips:
                [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

Originally posted by Stadler

If yes: Admin-CP -> vBulletin Options -> IP Logging Options -> Log IP addresses? -> Set to 'Do not log IP'

If no: See Carys suggestion
                  Is there any Administrative command in the options keep the "IP logged" string data out of the pages without editing templates by hand?

Comment

philverb, to get vb support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

IP Logging Options

Originally posted by Stadler

Hi Stadler

I can't find the IP Logging Options in my vb3 AdminCP!!!
                      Does anybody know where its gone?

Cheers
                      Alan
                      http://www.alantimms.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
                        I would set up a cron job of some sort to run the following query every 24 hours:
                        How would I use that to clear it for a certain user?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Steel
                          Hi Stadler

I can't find the IP Logging Options in my vb3 AdminCP!!!
                          Does anybody know where its gone?

Cheers
                          Alan
                          Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Log IP Addresses
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X