E-mail Regex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail Regex

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has an EMAIL REGEX? I mean a good one that 'considers' all the possibilities like subdomains and IP addresses as well as the weird chars and whatnot. I can make my own simple one but it only works with simple addresses.

So does anyone know of like a real good REGEX that is PROFFESIONAL and doesn't return false on any REAL emails?

THANK YOU!

EDIT: OH AND I would prefer it be in the perl syntax plz (but still phor PHP) Like with the "/REGEX HERE/" thingy thanks!

Try:

/^[-!#$%&\'*+\\.\/0-9=?A-Z^_`{|}~][email protected]([-0-9A-Z]+\.)+([0-9A-Z]){2,4}$/i

(taken from register.php)
    Last edited by MUG; Mon 19th May '03, 1:03pm.

Comment

try this one.

/^[a-z0-9][^\(\)\<\>\@\,\;\:\\\"\[\]]*\@[a-z0-9][a-z0-9\-\.]*\.[a-z]{2,4}$/i

it's long but works really well
      Jon Whitcraft
      Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Thanks guyz!

Comment

You should note that reading those quickly... use the first half of the first regex and the second half of the second regex.
          London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Sorry I don't get ya!

What do you mean? :-|

BTW whats the diff between the two? Is one better than the other or just a different way of doing it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X