Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing in Dreamweaver MX

Hi.

I just wonder if anyone uses dreamweaver to edit the board. I use dreamweaver and are thinking about getting v-bulletin but I want to know if it is possible and easy to edit it in dreamweaver.
    The thing is that I have tried snitz forum and it looks really wierd in dreamweaver.

Please help me out here and any tips or ideas about where to find tutorials about making/editing bulletinboards in dreamweaver are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Hawkwing
    I just wonder if anyone uses dreamweaver to edit the board. I use dreamweaver and are thinking about getting v-bulletin but I want to know if it is possible and easy to edit it in dreamweaver.

*SLAP SLAP*
    enuff said!!

Comment

Wow that was really helpfull...

You ofcourse can edit the HTML in dreamweaver, although you dont HAVE to, it just makes it easier for some ppl.

But be sure you correctly combine the HTML parts from the admin panel, because sometimes they are split a part because the forum has to put them in a loop and whatnot, mabye that's why snitz ( :| ) looked wierd

Comment

I use Dreamweaver to edit my php and html files....works fine for me....since i wouldnt be able to stand to use notepad....or wordpad....or yeah...

i love dreamweaver...!

Comment

yea but editing an entire board in dreamweaver?! christ, code overload mate lolol

she cannae take it capten!! shes gonna blouuwww!!!!!

Comment

Keep in mind that vBulletin is driven by templates, and this is what you want to edit.

Because it is driven by templates and some general options are used as replacements like {blah} that dreamweaver can't process this. It won't know this option.

Stuff like table width or height is an option for the main table, which is handy when you make a template to auto use this setting with the replacement {tablewidth} (i.e.)

If you have it set to 500 pixels.
            And open it in dreamweaver, it will just have this value, but not the real value of 500..

So keep that in mind if you alter source code from templates and keep it in mind if you make new stuff that doesn't seem to work out.

I use dreamweaver and I have made some custom stuff to make it easier for me.
            But I still prefer a UltraEdit to work on html/xhtml/php because of proper highlighting and easier overview. And it doesn't force to reposition some tags or close them, etc. Which dreamweaver MX tends to have sometimes.

Comment

something tells me that xiphoid knows what he is doing lol

well done mate, least one of us does. I use dreamweaver a lot to edit my tables of my sites (http://www.gtavice.us and http://www.wingersweb.co.uk) they arent anything special but i've only just started using PHP.

best way to do sites is to do little bits in dreamweaver or even frontpage (it has its uses) and then just do the rest in notepad. its simple enuff lol, it must be - if i can do it lol

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                But I still prefer a UltraEdit to work on html/xhtml/php because of proper highlighting and easier overview. And it doesn't force to reposition some tags or close them, etc. Which dreamweaver MX tends to have sometimes.
                Same here. I use UltraEdit and love it. I leave Dreamweaver for other projects; rarely if ever for modifying my vB installation.

Comment

Can you insert vB soo that it runs in an existing Dreamweaver template?
                  The site I'm designing has to top nav bar and a column of links left and right. The client want these features to be visible at all times. My only option is to have a forum that will operate in the {page_contect} field of the template. Any ideas?

Comment