Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Programs are used to create vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• version2
    replied
    Well, I hate eating my own words but Komodo is pretty nice. Its a lot better tan it used to be. A little bit of a memory hog, but if you have quite a bit you wont notice. The syntax highlighting is fully configurable and there are tons of features. I am going to continue playing with it for a while.

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Hmm. I dont like the syntax highlighting then. I wish it could be configured a little bit better.

*edited to add*

Just not enough control over the highlighting. Im only seeing two different colors, none of the others are picking up. *shrugs* Oh well, thats too bad, otherwise its a great editor.
    Last edited by version2; Wed 21 May '03, 9:39am.

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Originally posted by version2
    Ok. I am noticing the same problem. I think that is why I dont like the editor. The syntax highlighting default sucks.
    He replied:
    Dear Chen Avinadav,

Thank you for writing.

May be you change elements colors:
    Whitespase
    Delimiters
    etc.

Please try change elements colors:
    Script Whitespase
    Sctipt Delimiters
    etc.

They locate in bottom of elements list.

Best regards,
    Andrey Kalita
    [email protected]
    Ankord company
    <A href="http://www.ankord.com">http://www.ankord.com</a>

Leave a comment:

• i am coo man
    replied
    Originally posted by Chen
    I don't know this Andi dude but Zeev is definitely a PHP developer... but no, neither of them create it all by themselves. Rasmus Lerdorf is the originally creator of PHP.
    Actually the PHP that Rasmus Lerdorf created has pretty much nothing in common with the modern PHP except part of the name and the concept of ease of use. Andi and Zeev (from Israel) completely redesigned and rewrote PHP3 from the ground up (meaning no code from the previous PHP) and that then became the PHP as we know it today. Of course they then continued to write PHP4 and now 5

As far as creating all of PHP, well that would be impossible considering how many different modules and function libraries there are, but as far as the actual PHP language and its most popular functions And and Zeev are responsible :flatface:

http://www.php.net/credits.php

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Im actually trying to play with Komodo again right now. it does have some nice features itself.

Leave a comment:

• sidhighwind
    replied
    the only problem i have this one is all of the extra spaces after the code. i don like the way that gkt does the textareas. but other wise it's a good editor.

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    All righty...try this one:

http://devphp.sourceforge.net/index.php

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Originally posted by Chen
    Does anyone know how to change the syntax highlighting colors, though? No matter what color I select the changes don't take effect. I already emailed the developer, hopefully if this can be fixed I'll be purchasing this program...
    Ok. I am noticing the same problem. I think that is why I dont like the editor. The syntax highlighting default sucks.

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Well, I was going to say that php expert editor didnt last very long for me, but I am going to use it for today and see how it goes. I dont really like the editor but I do like the code explorer. I also like the current 2.3 meg footprint. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• version2
    replied
    Well, I have been downloading these programs and trying them out. Its been a while since I test drove any editors. So, anyway, Komodo is looking great but GEEZ! I dont want to pay the 48 meg footprint cost. And thats with nothing opened from within.

Im trying out the expert editor now.

Leave a comment:

• Chaos_Theory
    replied
    i use Zend Studio. Works exeptionaly well. seeing that it's there engine that powers php anyways

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    I think PHP Expert Editor is going to be my default editor from now own... it's amazingly good. Lots and lots of great features but at the same time very efficient and fast loading.

Does anyone know how to change the syntax highlighting colors, though? No matter what color I select the changes don't take effect. I already emailed the developer, hopefully if this can be fixed I'll be purchasing this program...

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Originally posted by i am coo man
    Also I may be wrong but Didn't Zeev and Andi code all of PHP themselves? And I mean PHP and Zend, not all of the function packages that come with PHP.
    I don't know this Andi dude but Zeev is definitely a PHP developer... but no, neither of them create it all by themselves. Rasmus Lerdorf is the originally creator of PHP.

Leave a comment:

• buro9
    replied
    I was a Textpad evangelist before I gave Slick Edit a good evaluation. Try it for a little while, it does make a difference, it feels more like an IDE than a text editor, and when you're looking to see the internal structure of a PHP (or other language) file and want the colour coding to be correct (you must've noticed that occasionally textpad gets confused, especially when nesting comments or having to match pairs over split PHP blocks)... then it really helps.

Sure you could always spend a few seconds to read the source and sorta parse it in your head, but that's the point of an IDE, to remove all of that and enable you to work that fraction faster.

Oh, and it does HTML pair matching (have it jump to the corresponding end tag, .e.g click on <tr> and bracket match and it will jump to the correct </tr>).

The feature set fair exceeds that of Textpad, but then you pay more.

Because of my work I program/script/markup in PHP, Java, ASP, VB, JavaScript, VB6, C#, PL/Sql, MySql, bash shell scripts, DOS Batch files, HTML, etc... I would've chosen Slick because of its prowess with PHP (having failed to find a good enough PHP editor)... but the fact that it gives me all of these with the full feature set over them all, well it's my one of choice.

It really depends on need... when I was just doing PHP or just doing Perl, and that was at my own pace... Textpad I love thee. But for insane deadlines and too many languages, I'm thankful for Slick Edit.

The only thing I don't do in Slick is Java stuff, but that's because IntelliJ Idea does JUnit integration, Tomcat integration, JavaDocs integration, etc.

Leave a comment:

• i am coo man
    replied
    Also check out that DZ Edit soft thingy or whatever, it's pretty darn w00tish, kinda like PHP Expert Editor real good lots of features. Though its pay like Expert so that sux :-/

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X