Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Programs are used to create vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just kidding

But too many features, it's not really overkill unless they somehow get in the way of doing the other stuph, which would be weird, also I its an IDE, which is cool, and probably one of the reasons its slower than just advanced text editors . ALSO some ppl may use those features, so its good for them.

Also I may be wrong but Didn't Zeev and Andi code all of PHP themselves? And I mean PHP and Zend, not all of the function packages that come with PHP.

Comment

WinSyntax works great for me, nice and free

Comment

EditPlus 2 is my preference.

I tried numerous other things including notepad (aka "the eye bleeding machine"), zend ide (ouchies, slow & bloated), among others. Nothing came close to how much I like E+2.

Comment

Originally posted by subduck
          exactly.

i have a 2ghz machine with 512rambus.
          i made the machine myself and it's extremely fast.

I downloaded the zend demo and uninstalled it 2 weeks later because it was extremely slow and overall imo sucked.
          Just another Javabloatware application.
          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
          Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Almost forgot PHPedit. Great program for windows...or at least it used to be.

http://ozu.arecom-sa.com/
            version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Also check out that DZ Edit soft thingy or whatever, it's pretty darn w00tish, kinda like PHP Expert Editor real good lots of features. Though its pay like Expert so that sux :-/

Comment

I was a Textpad evangelist before I gave Slick Edit a good evaluation. Try it for a little while, it does make a difference, it feels more like an IDE than a text editor, and when you're looking to see the internal structure of a PHP (or other language) file and want the colour coding to be correct (you must've noticed that occasionally textpad gets confused, especially when nesting comments or having to match pairs over split PHP blocks)... then it really helps.

Sure you could always spend a few seconds to read the source and sorta parse it in your head, but that's the point of an IDE, to remove all of that and enable you to work that fraction faster.

Oh, and it does HTML pair matching (have it jump to the corresponding end tag, .e.g click on <tr> and bracket match and it will jump to the correct </tr>).

The feature set fair exceeds that of Textpad, but then you pay more.

Because of my work I program/script/markup in PHP, Java, ASP, VB, JavaScript, VB6, C#, PL/Sql, MySql, bash shell scripts, DOS Batch files, HTML, etc... I would've chosen Slick because of its prowess with PHP (having failed to find a good enough PHP editor)... but the fact that it gives me all of these with the full feature set over them all, well it's my one of choice.

It really depends on need... when I was just doing PHP or just doing Perl, and that was at my own pace... Textpad I love thee. But for insane deadlines and too many languages, I'm thankful for Slick Edit.

The only thing I don't do in Slick is Java stuff, but that's because IntelliJ Idea does JUnit integration, Tomcat integration, JavaDocs integration, etc.
                London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Originally posted by i am coo man
                  Also I may be wrong but Didn't Zeev and Andi code all of PHP themselves? And I mean PHP and Zend, not all of the function packages that come with PHP.
                  I don't know this Andi dude but Zeev is definitely a PHP developer... but no, neither of them create it all by themselves. Rasmus Lerdorf is the originally creator of PHP.
                  Chen Avinadav
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I think PHP Expert Editor is going to be my default editor from now own... it's amazingly good. Lots and lots of great features but at the same time very efficient and fast loading.

Does anyone know how to change the syntax highlighting colors, though? No matter what color I select the changes don't take effect. I already emailed the developer, hopefully if this can be fixed I'll be purchasing this program...
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

i use Zend Studio. Works exeptionaly well. seeing that it's there engine that powers php anyways

Comment

Well, I have been downloading these programs and trying them out. Its been a while since I test drove any editors. So, anyway, Komodo is looking great but GEEZ! I dont want to pay the 48 meg footprint cost. And thats with nothing opened from within.

Im trying out the expert editor now.
                        version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Well, I was going to say that php expert editor didnt last very long for me, but I am going to use it for today and see how it goes. I dont really like the editor but I do like the code explorer. I also like the current 2.3 meg footprint. Very nice.
                          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
                            Does anyone know how to change the syntax highlighting colors, though? No matter what color I select the changes don't take effect. I already emailed the developer, hopefully if this can be fixed I'll be purchasing this program...
                            Ok. I am noticing the same problem. I think that is why I dont like the editor. The syntax highlighting default sucks.
                            version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

All righty...try this one:

http://devphp.sourceforge.net/index.php

Very nice!
                              version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

the only problem i have this one is all of the extra spaces after the code. i don like the way that gkt does the textareas. but other wise it's a good editor.
                                Jon Whitcraft
                                Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X