Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Programs are used to create vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Programs are used to create vbulletin?

I've been programming php for over a year now, and I still haven't found a nice editing tool for php. (and i've tried over 15)

So what do the pros use?
    What programs are used when creating vbulletin?

Thanks so much

I don't know what vB developers use, but I use Dreamweaver MX. (Although I may start looking for an alternative because of the crappiness of DWMX when working with very large files).

Comment

Originally posted by subduck
      I've been programming php for over a year now, and I still haven't found a nice editing tool for php. (and i've tried over 15)

So what do the pros use?
      What programs are used when creating vbulletin?

Thanks so much
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=69188
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=65036

I use BBEdit on OS X.

Comment

Freddie uses TextPad
        Kier uses Homesite (I think)
        I use UltraEdit
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg from DH
          I don't know what vB developers use, but I use Dreamweaver MX. (Although I may start looking for an alternative because of the crappiness of DWMX when working with very large files).
          yeah thats what i'm going through now.
          I'm looking for a program that will show what functions are in your code.

i did another search on this site and came up with 'php coder pro!' so far it seems to be okay.

(thanks for the reply scott )

Comment

And it does matter... a rumor says that a developer of another program, and I won't say its name, is using Notepad...
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I was using EditPlus for all my PHP needs, until it sort of died on me.. I have to reinstall it on every system restart, so I don't use it any more.. Currently, I am using DreamWeaver MX, but it is not nearly as nice as EditPlus, IMO. It doesn't have as decent FTP control... I used to use BBEdit back in my Macie days.

I am looking for another app, that colors the PHP code properly..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                Freddie uses TextPad
                Kier uses Homesite (I think)
                I use UltraEdit
                Omg kier (or should i say keir) and i must have some sort of link, similar to agent smith and neo~

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
                  And it does matter... a rumor says that a developer of another program, and I won't say its name, is using Notepad...
                  And what is wrong with notepad? I do all my coding in notepad apart from when I need to do a few certain operations, and that is when I use Crimson Editor.

Alcar...
                  http://www.oddworldforums.net

Comment

I had such trouble finding a decent IDE for PHP (none truly exist)... but I currently use Visual Slick Edit for my PHP.

It's truly incredible, brace-matching, line highlighting, auto-indent, visible column (80 chars for me), php syntax, intelli-sense, code collapsing, regexp searching, diff, built-in source control integration, macro-extensible, etc.

I don't recommend IDE's to those starting out, but it does help to accelerate things further as you get used to doing things in a few keystrokes. My favourite trick is the selective display, search and the file collapses (expandable in the margin) to show search matches... which you can expand, edit and fold again.

Slick really helps with re-factoring too, it's very good at keeping track of scope, and as such when you come to rename variables of functions it can correctly do this without stomping over other usages which are not applicable.

The only other tools I use are:
                    Textpad - For jotting ideas, as Internet Explorers "view source" (because of the speed of startup), for opening enormous text files (those 500mb database dumps).
                    IntelliJ - Shouldn't be mentioned here, it's a J2EE IDE, but if you ever want an idea of what an IDE *should* be like... then this is it... it's mind-blowing... and dramatically improves coding speed and the pleasure involved in large re-factoring exercises.
                    London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

i'll check that one out.

i've already switched to another one, it's called PHP Expert Editor 3.0.
                      It's not too bad

Comment

I use UltraEdit

Comment

Originally posted by Alcar
                          And what is wrong with notepad? I do all my coding in notepad apart from when I need to do a few certain operations, and that is when I use Crimson Editor.

Alcar...
                          Other than it being totally inadequate to even reside on a computer let alone run under an OS?

I heard a rumor that if you are a programmer at Microsoft and are caught using Notepad, you will be fired. No exceptions.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by buro9
                            I had such trouble finding a decent IDE for PHP (none truly exist)... but I currently use Visual Slick Edit for my PHP.
                            Wow... and to think I have most of the features this program gives you in Textpad for around $27.00...

No need using an overpriced and overburdened program.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Notepad roxorz!!!

Ok I it I admit I use Wordpad
                              Last edited by i am coo man; Mon 19th May '03, 10:53pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X