Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables keep breaking during VB customization

Hey all,

I have the standard install of VB on my server, though it's not up for public viewing yet until I get the templates right.

I have a 732 pixel outer table. On the main page, everything looks fine. (http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/) When you click on Main Forum, everything looks fine. When you click on an individual post, the table breaks. There must be something buried in the code of the VB that is breaking this table, but I can't for the life of me find out what it is. Theories?

And one more thing--I usually run my lefthand navigation as an include on all my static html pages. What would be a good method (is there anything like an include on VB?) to parse a string of html into the main template for the left-hand nav?

To get vb support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Done.

(One correction--I haven't made the board viewable to members of my site yet, but it is publicly viewable by anyone who clicks the above link. I still have to get the templates cleaned up, copyright language placed, etc. I can also point you to the stripped-down html template that I'm using if it'll help in diagnosing whatever element is busting up the table.)
      Last edited by pierguy; Mon 12 May '03, 1:21pm.

Comment

Thanks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, issue #1 has been solved--a residual tag from the original template that comes with VB was picking up a width setting from one of the fill-in fields and busting the thing open.

But #2 is still out there. Is there a way I can put my lefthand navigation into some sort of central file? I'd rather not have to hard-code it into the template.

Comment

You can use the phpinclude template to store it in a variable, e.g. $lefthandnav, then just put $lefthandnav in the header template where you want it to go.

Comment

Originally posted by pierguy
              Okay, issue #1 has been solved--a residual tag from the original template that comes with VB was picking up a width setting from one of the fill-in fields and busting the thing open.

But #2 is still out there. Is there a way I can put my lefthand navigation into some sort of central file? I'd rather not have to hard-code it into the template.
              I'm having many of the same problems. What was the residual tag from the original template that you changed and how can I change it?

My table keeps getting busted too (www.net-benefits.net/151) and I'd like to find a way to preserve the 571 width of the site.

Thanks!
              jEd

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X