vbulletin integration??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin integration??

how do i integrate other scripts with my vbulletin member database?? as i really need to know where to start with this.
    bbdimension.com

The best place to ask this is at the hacking site: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The best place to ask this is at the hacking site: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/
      Steve, not that I'm one to question your answers, but intergration may not always be 'hacking'. Using an outside script with your database, like portaling, is actual a basic idea and use among vBulletin's database setup. As for you gab, just use the basic connect scripts given to you by vBulletin, outside the forums. Without going into much detail to my own setup, which is very unique, this may help you to start adding your own, or other commercial scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Crater Seraph
        Steve, not that I'm one to question your answers, but intergration may not always be 'hacking'. Using an outside script with your database, like portaling, is actual a basic idea and use among vBulletin's database setup.
        Agreed...

gab1982 >> This also depends on how much integration you are looking for. If you want to integrate it into the template system then you have alot of work to do. Also keep in mind that just by adding the basic elements e.g include("./forumdirectory/global.php"); you may run into other problems as well. The coding and sql calls could put you at a disadvantage if not properly written by the author of the other code and by this I mean you would have to make changes to it to be compatible with vb.

Comment

well i tried adding that and it did nothing at all to the html page i made even though i renamed the extension it still did nothing i am not at all bothered about the template system but its a good idea i am particular looking to use the vbulletin member database in the script
          bbdimension.com

Comment

Any integration with non-vB scripts falls under the 'hacking' category. I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, but this has always been the case.

Besides, the people with the most knowledge and extertise on doing this are at vbulletin.org. Which is why I said the 'best place' to ask is there.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Any integration with non-vB scripts falls under the 'hacking' category. I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, but this has always been the case.

Besides, the people with the most knowledge and extertise on doing this are at vbulletin.org. Which is why I said the 'best place' to ask is there.
              Whilst I agree that www.vbulletin.org would indeed be the best place to go, as all the most knowledgeable gurus hang out there, I can't see how it can be classed as hacking.

Modifying vBulletin source or db structure == hacking.
              Adding new files and making no change to existing files or db !== hacking.

If this was hacking then uploading avatars would be hacking.

Comment

All I said was that was that vbulletin.org was the 'best place' to ask this question. Why did this turn into a controversy?

Nonetheless support for the writing of non-vB scripts is outside the purview of vB support and falls into the category of 'hacks' for the purpose of support on these forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by gab1982
                  well i tried adding that and it did nothing at all to the html page i made even though i renamed the extension it still did nothing i am not at all bothered about the template system but its a good idea i am particular looking to use the vbulletin member database in the script
                  Hmmm...I thought this was a pre written script from another source...anyway head over to vbulletin.org since Steve wants it that way and myself or another member will help you out.

Comment

for all the people who told me to head over to vbulletin.org i did post but got no satisfied reply and here is the post:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=50845

this is a script i bought for 60 which can be found at my gallery located here: http://www.windowsos.com/members/ig
                    bbdimension.com

Comment

Originally posted by gab1982
                      this is a script i bought for 60 which can be found at my gallery located here: http://www.windowsos.com/members/ig
                      Oops.
                      I think your script needs tweeking.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X