Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting font size.. or choosing an alternative solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting font size.. or choosing an alternative solution?

Ok here is a question that will sound kinda stupid... but if anyone thinks he can help me.... please do.

I'm constructing a main page for my site (tha main page will lead straight to my VB).

I will be having an editorial on that frontpage.
    I use Tahoma font as it is my fav, but its size concern me.

Setting the font size to 1 makes the text hardly readable (sweet and delicate but too small).
    Increasing the size to 2 makes it less delicate and almost ungly..

Is there any way to increase the font size to something like 1.5 ?

if there is not such thing... could you suggest any alternatives?

thanx in advance

Instead of using 'size' and 'face' attributes inside <font> tags like this:
    HTML Code:
    <font face="tahoma" size="1">text here</font>
    try this:
    HTML Code:
    <span style="font: 11px tahoma">text here</span>
    This will give you Tahoma font size that is identical to the Tahoma font size used by Windows 2000 / XP for icon labels.

The only disadvantage to this is that Internet Explorer users will not be able to resize the font using the IE 'Text Size' options.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
      Instead of using 'size' and 'face' attributes inside <font> tags like this:
      HTML Code:
      <font face="tahoma" size="1">text here</font>
      try this:
      HTML Code:
      <span style="font: 11px tahoma">text here</span>
      This will give you Tahoma font size that is identical to the Tahoma font size used by Windows 2000 / XP for icon labels.

The only disadvantage to this is that Internet Explorer users will not be able to resize the font using the IE 'Text Size' options.
      Thanx for the reply Kier.

Is there any way for me to include the color and a second alternative font (like this : Tahoma, Arial) in that tag?
      If yes, how exactly is this done ?

Comment

Originally posted by stark427
        Thanx for the reply Kier.

Is there any way for me to include the color and a second alternative font (like this : Tahoma, Arial) in that tag?
        If yes, how exactly is this done ?
        Ok I used font tag for the color and span for the others :

HTML Code:
        <p align="left" style="margin-left: 7; margin-right: 4"><font color="#AFBAC9"><span style="font: 11px tahoma">Hello everybody</span></font></p>
        and it seems to work fine at IE, Nerscape and Opera

But is there any improvement for the above syntax?

thanx

Comment

Heh... you could make that much shorter [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

HTML Code:
          <p
          HTML Code:
          [color=#000080]style=[/color][color=#0000ff]"margin-left: 7px; margin-right: 4px; text-align: left; color: #afbac9; font: 11px Tahoma"[/color][color=#000080]>[/color]Hello everybody[color=#000080]</p>[/color]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X