Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me. I'm a PHP wuss, and I want to fix that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me. I'm a PHP wuss, and I want to fix that.

I'd like to find a sensible PHP tutorial somewhere, so that I can finally go about understanding how vBulletin runs and go beyond the massive amount of template modifications I've installed thus far.

So yeah. If you could give me links, I'd appreciate it.
    Fool's Gold: Discussion of rock 'n' roll, movies, A Song of Ice and Fire, Discworld, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, literature, games, and more. It's ace.

Last.FM * LiveJournal

http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php

http://www.google.com/search?q=php+tutorial
    Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Well, no kidding. Lol. J/k. Anyways, Zend.com holds a big reputation for good tutorials on their product. I'd suggest checking them out.

Comment

ah .. a perfect opportunity for a shameless plug =)

here's my code site .. we have 300+ members .. strong in php/mysql & we use vb.

www.codenewbie.com

Comment

An even better idea. Thank you! I believe real 'person-to-person' help is key.

Comment

DevShed
            They have a big PHP section, full of well written tutorials.

Comment

What should someone focus on learning first PHP or Mysql or is it something you sort of learn together? I'm also assuming a strong brake ground in html should probably come before either of the 2?

Mark

Comment

If your familiar with programming (variables, functions, the whole works) then you should run through a quick php tutorial just to see how it's different from other languages, then you can dive into SQL. If your not familiar with programming, I would suggest spending a good amount of time going through basic tutorial's so you understand what your doing before you get into SQL. It's really a simple language so it should go quickly. Good luck

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X