Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Create IM System for vB Users

Hi,

I'd like to create a php script that allows our members to chat through an IM system... something that popups like those support windows for hosting sites have. The way I'd like to to work would be to have USER1 click a link to im USER2, at which time a popup opens with a textbox for writting in. Once USER1 has submitted the IM message USER2 would receive a popup box if they are online, otherewise it would go into a queue until the next time they show up.

I'm not quite sure how to track users accross the site or have the message relay from USER1 to USER2 without having to wait for a page refresh. Is there a way to make this work?

Here's an online support system I was thinking of making it work like:
    http://www.phplivesupport.com/index.php

Thanks,

Mark

Since this requires code-hacking you will need to post this in the Requests forum at vBulletin.org.

Thanks.

Comment

It's okay to post in the PHP Coding forum for projects like this. It's a legitimate programming question.

That said, you would probably get more helpful advice from the hackers at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X