postbit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postbit question

when adding extra fields to the profile.. i wanna have that show up underneath our username like so

Code:
    <smallfont>Registered: $post[joindate]<br>
     ExtraStuff: $post[field5]<br><br>
    $onlinestatus</smallfont></td>
    anyway, extrastuff is just an example. but if I do this, it shows up in everyones post. Kinda like, if post[field5] has data, output ExtraStuff: something goes here... else if nothing is there.... leave the entire thing blank so that it only shows Posts and onlinestatus

not that great at explaining stuff so, itll have to make do

Admin CP --> User Profile Fields --> Add

Name the field (i.e. Extra Stuff) and set the options accordingly.

Next, you need to find out the Field ID number for the field you just created. To find that out, go to Admin CP --> User Profile Fields --> Modify. Next to the field in which you need to know the ID, hold down your 'Shift' key and click 'edit'.

In the new window that pop ups, the browser should be pointed to something like admin/profilefield.php?s=&action=edit&profilefieldid=5 You should see the Field ID Number.

Next, go to your postbit template (Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify --> [Expand List] --> Postbit Templates [expand] --> postbit

Wherever you want that field to appear, add $post[field#] (Replace # with your field ID Number)

Comment

already know that lol read my post again.... see my code? I already have the field in there

example
      go here http://www.ksfba.org/forums/showthre...?threadid=1959

ignore the posts but look at the username, posts, location. See where it says quarter mile? Some people already have a # in there, but for those who dont have the number, you still see *quarter mile*. In phpBB i used to have a way that this would only show up, if there was data there, the whole line "Quarter Mile: [email protected]" . I wanna do this for vbulletin. i need to find the code i used for phpbb i forgot what it was

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X