Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you go further than client side scripting in PHP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you go further than client side scripting in PHP?

I'm a seasoned JSP/Servlet developer used to the MVC architecture it provides. Can you do the same with PHP? Can you send a post from a html form to a php file which performs a doPost() method or something? So you can somewhat abstract the logic from the presentation?
    Console Racing Review

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
    I'm a seasoned JSP/Servlet developer used to the MVC architecture it provides. Can you do the same with PHP? Can you send a post from a html form to a php file which performs a doPost() method or something? So you can somewhat abstract the logic from the presentation?
    Why couldn't you do an mvc with php? Sure, ya' can.

My primary cms is a front controller which loads one of several mvc's for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Codename49
      Why couldn't you do an mvc with php? Sure, ya' can.
      :dunno:

That's what I was trying to figure out. I'm not really going for a true MVC. More of a presentation layer with files for backend methods. Can I pass control to another php file via a post, process a method there and then redirect to another php page with results? That's what I'm used to.
      Console Racing Review

Comment

'Can you go further than client side scripting in PHP?'

actually, i dont think you can do any client-side scripting in PHP

Comment

You can
          [email protected]:~# php
          <?php
          echo "Clientside CLI development \n";
          ?>^D
          Clientside CLI development
          [email protected]:~#
          My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
          That forum

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
            :dunno:

That's what I was trying to figure out. I'm not really going for a true MVC. More of a presentation layer with files for backend methods. Can I pass control to another php file via a post, process a method there and then redirect to another php page with results? That's what I'm used to.
            You might want to check out this site:

http://www.phppatterns.com/

Comment

If you do want a php mvc you should check out http://www.mojavi.org it's still in beta but it works rather well.
              Jon Whitcraft
              Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X