Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeltX
    replied
    Thanks then i'll search for that libary.

By the way got another question, this time about my image upload, when I make a file-browse field in my form with the name 'test' for example, after i pressed the submit button i want to retrieve the file source with $file, but that doesn't work, i get something like this when i do that: '/var/tmp/php006746 ' what am i doing wrong here?

[Edited by MeltX on 01-02-2001 at 02:42 PM]

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Sure you can do things with PHP but the image routines will require the GD image library to be installed. A lot of systems will not have it installed and your code will not work for them.

Leave a comment:

• MeltX
    replied
    Thanks that will really help me out!

But isn't there an other way as well to resize the picture with php? Because when i read the php manual i saw some image_create() functions...

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    You can resize pictures if you do system calls to an image manipulation program. Search the web for "mogrify" to find one such software package that can do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• MeltX
    started a topic Question about image-editing with php

Question about image-editing with php

How can I make a thumbnail copy of a picture?

For example if I got a 600x400 picture, after I uploaded it to the ftp I want php to make a thumbnail-size copy of that picture and also upload that copy.

(The upload is no problem at all, but i don't understand how to make an tumbnail-copy of the picture so i can upload that image as well)

Can someone please help me here?