Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I know of no other ways to do this.

Leave a comment:

• JCDR
    replied
    Jcdr

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I use the examples I posted above to do exacly what you want. (See the edited #3.)
    Hi Steve,

That all works thanks, but I'm going to need to create a few files you see, and don't want to have possibly 100's of custom templates. Is there not a way to just edit the php file to add an include, so when I want to make a new page I don't have to add code to phpinclude, make a new template, and a new php file? Hope you get what I mean.

Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I use the examples I posted above to do exacly what you want. (See the edited #3.)

Leave a comment:

• JCDR
    replied
    Thats for the help Steve, but I wanted to add an include within the PHP file itself, so rather than me creating loads of templates for new pages, I want to use the 'newtemplate' to just pull the header and footer from and use the php file to pull the information from other html files within my site.

I can get the information I want in the PHP file using

Code:
    include("http://www.thepathtotheinfomation.........");
    So when I want to create a new page I create a new php file but just chance the URL in the include like the one above, the problem is I cannot seem to be able to add the header and footer.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Create new template (for the sake of this example let's call it 'newtemplate'). Add this content:

Code:
     $headinclude
    <title>Your title</title>
    $header
    Your stuff here
    $footer
    2. Create a new php file (newfile.php) with this content:

Code:
    <?
    require( "global.php" );

eval("dooutput(\"".gettemplate('newtemplate')."\");");

?>
    3. Or if you want 'Your stuff here' to be an include, add this to your phpinclude template:

Code:
    $yourfile = implode("",(file("/path/to/myotherfile.html")));
    Then use $yourfile in the 'newtemplate' template:

Code:
     $headinclude
    <title>Your title</title>
    $header
    $yourfile
    $footer
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 14 Jan '03, 9:25am.

Leave a comment:

• JCDR
    started a topic Using vb's header and footer for new php file

Using vb's header and footer for new php file

Hi,

What I want to do is create a new .php file, but using the vb database header and footer.

I have tried several ways including 'include('$footer');' etc..... but no joy.

So I want to have a .php file that has the header and footer in and allows me to add a - include("http://www.domain.com/myotherfile.html"); -

Any help would be very much appreciated.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X