Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i edit my index.php so i can add hacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jedivn
    replied
    Originally posted by Blaze
    where do i need to go tyo edit my index.php so i can add a ceratin hack ?????
    You need to read the hack instructions.
    I use UltraEdit to edit .php , .html and all other stuff. gotta to pay for it, but it worths! If you download them as binary and open with UE they will ask if you want to convert it back to ASCII..

Jedi

Leave a comment:

• Visionray
    replied
    Originally posted by mishkan
    I opened one of the php files with Notepad, and there are little rectangular boxes where I would imagine carriage returns belong, and the text just keeps wrapping. In other words, separate lines of code don't appear on separate physical lines.

Please tell me, what text editor do you recommend?
    Thanks.

That probably happened because you downloaded the file in binary mode. It needs to be downloaded in ASCII.

I always use Notepad to edit my php files.

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    Originally posted by GSHelpBoy
    You have to open it with an editor other than TextPad, however, because vBulletin source code is not saved with hard breaks.
    TextPad works just fine for me...

Leave a comment:

• mishkan
    replied
    Thanks for the responses!

I opened the php file with Wordpad, made my change, and saved the file. I was curious to see what the file would look like in Notepad, at that point. In Notepad, the rectangular boxes were gone and the code was now formatted "normally", that is with separate lines of code on physically separate lines.

I did upload the file, and the change worked correctly. But I'm curious about what happened. What did using Wordpad do to the file? And, now that the code appears "normal" in Notepad, is it okay to use it as an editor for that file?

Thanks again for your help in learning more about my vBulletin board!

Leave a comment:

• mheinemann
    replied
    Originally posted by s3v3n_0f_n1n3
    For windows, i recommend Wordpad, or a php editor. That last can be found on download.com. For Linux/Mac i don't know which text editor to use.
    For windows, I use wordpad. For linux, I use gedit.

Leave a comment:

• s3v3n_0f_n1n3
    replied
    For windows, i recommend Wordpad, or a php editor. That last can be found on download.com. For Linux/Mac i don't know which text editor to use.

Leave a comment:

• mishkan
    replied
    I opened one of the php files with Notepad, and there are little rectangular boxes where I would imagine carriage returns belong, and the text just keeps wrapping. In other words, separate lines of code don't appear on separate physical lines.

Please tell me, what text editor do you recommend?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GSHelpBoy
    replied
    You have to open it with an editor other than TextPad, however, because vBulletin source code is not saved with hard breaks.

Leave a comment:

• ccd1
    replied
    You open it with a text editor.

Leave a comment:

• Blaze
    started a topic how do i edit my index.php so i can add hacks?

how do i edit my index.php so i can add hacks?

where do i need to go tyo edit my index.php so i can add a ceratin hack ?????