Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there HTML for adding subfolders to "select" droplists? (Need for avatars.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there HTML for adding subfolders to "select" droplists? (Need for avatars.)

Hello.

I like the "select" droplist for new members to choose an avatar in my vB 2.2.6. I do not like the clumsy "radio boxes" in the "modify avatar" page... so I am changing it...

But it would be nice if the droplist can have "subfolders"--similar to everyone's "Favorites" or "Start Menu" folders. I.e., instead of the list dropping straight down with 160 avatar titles---I would like this replaced by 4 "folders"---then as the mouse cursor hits or clicks a folder, it opens to its 40 selections...

Well, this often is done with Dhtml navigation menus---but I don't like depending on Dhtml. Is there an ordinary HTML or javascript function that can add folders to a "select" droplist?

Thank you, anyone.
    sigpic Krystof
    Starnectar Free Forums

There's something like it. You can get scripts that allow you to have one drop down box, pick something, and then all of the choices under that category are put in another select, for example:

Code:
    |Category|         |Sub-category|

goes to

|Tech|       |Matrix|
    Tech is the category, and when they select it, the second select box fills with the avatar names for that category...

Found it at the JavaScript source

Comment

Thank you, Dan. I will study that Javascript.

Meanwhile, here is another idea. Is it possible just to have 4 separate droplists??? But the thing is--if one is selected, the others must automatically un-select....

I.e., I have been editing images for a week, and finally this evening I am ready to upload 160 total avatars in 4 categories: "Popular Images," "Fantastic Faces," "Colorful Nature," and "Wild Creatures..."

So what if I have 4 droplists... then the user can scroll randomly through the first... then scroll through another... but as soon as he scrolls the other, anything left "selected" by the first search must be de-selected... etc...

Well, just an idea. Meanwhile, before I upload, I must study the javascript that you suggest.
      sigpic Krystof
      Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X