ini_set(), anyone else have problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ini_set(), anyone else have problems

Whenever I use ini_set() in a script, it doesn't affect the script.

For example, I use ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0), it doesn't strip the slashes from anything.

Re: ini_set(), anyone else have problems

Originally posted by GSHelpBoy
    Whenever I use ini_set() in a script, it doesn't affect the script.

For example, I use ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", 0), it doesn't strip the slashes from anything.
    Changing the magic_quotes_gpc setting inside a script doesn't really help... you will need to strip the slashes yourself, I'm afraid, or change magic_quotes_gpc in php.ini or using an .htaccess file.
    You can set_magic_quotes_runtime(), however, so PHP won't add slashes to data that is created inside the script.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

What's up with this? I'm just testing out ini_set with register_globals:

PHP Code:
      <?php

ini_set
      ("register_globals"1);
      $b ini_get("register_globals");

print 
      $a;
      print 
      $b;
      ?>
      When I do test.php?a=asdkasdk it outputs:

Which is $b.

Comment

Originally posted by agentd
        What's up with this? I'm just testing out ini_set with register_globals:

PHP Code:
        <?php

ini_set
        ("register_globals"1);
        $b ini_get("register_globals");

print 
        $a;
        print 
        $b;
        ?>
        When I do test.php?a=asdkasdk it outputs:

Which is $b.
        You also can't set register_globals in runtime... variables are registered in the global namespace before the script starts.

ini_set() can't be used on all settings, just some of them. You can blame PHP until next week...
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly

You also can't set register_globals in runtime... variables are registered in the global namespace before the script starts.

ini_set() can't be used on all settings, just some of them. You can blame PHP until next week...
          Then why would PHP.net list it as a variable you can use ini_set() for?

Comment

Originally posted by agentd

Then why would PHP.net list it as a variable you can use ini_set() for?
            Because you CAN set it with ini_set(), it just doesn't have any bearing on the script.
            Chen Avinadav

Comment

Then what purpose does it serve?

Comment

is there any other way to turn off register_globals, I can't exactly get into my host's php.ini file...

Comment

Dan: Create an .htaccess file in the script's directory with this in it:
                  Code:
                  php_flag register_globals Off
                  (only for Apache web servers)

GSHelpBoy: It's useful to set other options... there are more settings in php.ini more than register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc. I for example use it at vB.org for the code highlighting colors.
                  Chen Avinadav

Comment

Because you CAN set it with ini_set(), it just doesn't have any bearing on the script.
                    that does change the register_globals on the local value, but funny how it doesn't go by the local like it should for a particular script.

if PHP won't let you change it then why does it have it in there? I mean the register_globals for the ini_set().

this never made sense to me. they let you change it but it doesn't do any good.

Comment

Dan: Create an .htaccess file in the script's directory with this in it:
                      Code:
                      php_flag register_globals Off
                      (only for Apache web servers)
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X