No announcement yet.

Good way to learn coding for vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good way to learn coding for vBulletin?

Howdy,

I am just learning PHP and love it. I especially want to start making some useful hacks for vB. My question: is there a "data dictionary" of sorts that tells you what PHP variables are used for which scripts and what type of data they contain and for what purpose?

For instance, if I wanted to learn how to hack the Registration script/template is there a listing of all the variables used for this script/template and what their purpose is?

I am wondering if the answer is just going to be: "Well, the only way to learn old boy is to just roll up your sleaves, dig and and make lots of mistakes. That's the only way you are gonna learn this stuff!"

Also, how do most of you test your code? I don't have a "play" backup site or test server to use and have, on occasion, hosed up my live web site. Oooops!

Thanks!

- Gerry
    Last edited by gpdoyon; Tue 16 Jul '02, 2:32pm.
    Gerry

install a local webserver and test ur stuff.

ive just been reading thru vB's coding and i have no idea why half the stuff is coded the way it is. and so many functions repeat themselves.

I hope vB3 uses OOP in massive doses to do away with half of the nonsense they subject themselves to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X