Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Sea
    replied
    i am setting up a different section of our site using the vBulletin database and php. i am connecting and verifying the usernames and passwords no problem, but i am also trying to set a cookie upon the initial login to the other section, and it is not working at all.

in the header tag i additionally use two cookies for the last date and time visited, but that isnt the problem.

what i want to do in logic is:

if($cookie(isset)):

print the welcome screen (which says:

-------

<p>Welcome back to UMessager, <b><? print $username ?></b>. You last logged into the system on <? print $old_date ?>.

<p>You have <? $new_messages ?> new messages. You may check them <a href="umessager.php">here</a>.

-------

else:

print_form()

(connect to the DB, verify username, password, etc, etc, etc)

as soon as the person logs in sucessfully, i want two things:

- a cookie to be set so that the next time they access the page, they automatically get the welcome screen (obviously the "if($cookie(isset))" argument)

- the POST action of the form (main.php) to print the welcome message.

I have found little online to support my logic, which I attribute to this being a very basic need, but oh well.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TWTCommish
    replied
    Yes, you certainly can, simply use the same SQL database for these new tables that you use for vBulletin.

The table should be called "user" - simply use a SELECT statement based on the username the user enters into the form (SELECT the password and username), and an if statement takes care of the rest. I do this quite a bit so my user's can register on the forums and use that account for other features on the site.

Leave a comment:

• BenchRacer
    started a topic Using the vbulletin user db

Using the vbulletin user db

I'm in the process of writing my first php app to use on my website in conjunction with vBulletin. The app requires authenication and I am currently using the vbulletin user table for that. What I want to know is, can I relate the userid to another DB that I'm using for the app? I guess this might be more of a MySQL question.

Any thoughts? Do you need more detail?

Thanks
    Chad
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X